Thursday, January 29, 2015

Winnie & Walter: Sugar Rush


Hi all! Who is dying to have one of those ombre birthday cakes you see on Pinterest all the time?! Right? They are so trendy!
  


Winnie & Walter, LLC 
  
In keeping with this trend, I made my own ombre birthday cake from Winnie& Walter’s new Sugar Rush set by cutting out the cake image and blending it with picked raspberrydistress ink (good thing I looked up the ink color before posting this ... I always said it in my head as "pickled raspberry"! Eww, I don't even want to know what pickled raspberries would taste like.) Then I stamped the sentiment INSIDE the cake. OK, seriously, it is so awesome that the words in this set are sized to fit in the cake.


This set also comes with a cake (or cupcake, or donut pile) stand. The bottom of the card uses papers from Dear Lizzy's Neapolatin collection. The silver stamped design on the pink paper is from a set called The Hangover which you’ll see more of tomorrow. The centers are empty, so I colored them in with a white gel pen. 


   Here’s the adorable cupcake stamp with the yummy frosting! I used my new Copics to color the wrappers in single tones. I made a few more of these cupcakes, since I wasn’t sure what combination I was going to settle on, so those will be good to dress up the inside of another birthday card later. For the sentiment, I borrowed an “e” and a “s” to add to the end of “WISH”. Again, another birthday card that doesn’t completely say “Happy Birthday”. Plus it fills the space nicely!


Since it’s Winnie & Walter’s first birthday month, they’ve created an exclusive stamp set that they’ll be GIVING AWAY FREE with a qualifying purchase! It’s super cute, with a sparkler theme. Here’s a card I made earlier this week using some of the sentiments from that set. I really can’t wait to play with it some more.

I sure hope you’ve enjoyed seeing the new Winnie & Walter sets over these last three days. Come back for the final day tomorrow for my absolute favorite set of them all!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Yummy ombre cake! So cool to have a silver cake stand for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I like the fancy silver cake stand holding your pretty cake!! Those cupcakes look super yummy and the little pink elephant is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicious, Kelly ... both the ombré cake on it's stylish silver stand and the array of yummy looking cupcakes! Sweet ellies ... love how you've done the pink one ... so gorgeous! BTW, I used to think that about Picked Raspberry too! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luscious cards, all of them. I had to laugh about your pickled raspberry, because I have that ink, and that is what I thought it was for a long time, too. I think it would make a good color, although probably a pretty disgusting fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly