Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday, Fusion Challenge!


Happy New Year, everyone!! 

 We're celebrating the one year anniversary of the Fusion Challenge with a twist! Each of the team members has chosen someone to play in the challenge with them. When I heard about this, my mind started racing trying to figure out who to choose. Luckily, I didn't have to think about it too long, because I saw the inspiration photo, and immediately thought of Wida Miller. She's fun, she's sassy, she totally knows how to throw a party on a card. And that's just what she did ...


Wida's card looks amazing in pink, gold, and a variety of pretty patterns. Don't you just love it?! Thanks so much, Wida, for joining our celebration. It's wonderful to have you here!


Like Wida, I loved the pinks and gold from the photo, and had to do something similar. The charcoal paper is actually really thick wrapping paper that I found for half price at TJ Maxx after Christmas. LOVE the subtle shimmer it has. Score!

 
My mother-in-law gave me my first set of Copic markers for Christmas this year (YAY!!) I put them to good use right away and colored the strips of muslin I cut for the party banner. Such an easy way to get custom-colored fabric.


Then sentiment is from Avery Elle's Aim High set, and the patterned paper inside is Pebbles.

 

I'm also linking this up to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since it's the first time I've used this fabulous Avery Elle set. It was part of the generous prize package from Stamping Royalty.

Here are some fabulous cards by our design team!




WinnersWill be chosen by all of our teammates in two weeks. We each will choose one favorite. The winners will be announced at 4 am (PST) in two weeks!


Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Love how you used your copics! Gorgeous card Kelly...and a very happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your creative banner with the colorful strips of cloth Kelly! what a great look! Wishing you a Happy 2015 - and I look forward to another year with you on the Fusion Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those tassels and the polka dot paper inside=LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was already loving your banner, and then I discover it is hand-coloured! Beautiful card, Kelly! And you are right, Wida is the perfect choice as guest for this inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them both Kelly, your banner is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwww...I absolutely ADORE your card Kelly! Those tassels rock! I love that Wida is your guestie, I simply love her work! Off to pop over to her blog to leave her some bloggie love.
    I hope you and your family are enjoying the New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow I KNEW you were going to do fabric tassels! I never thought to use my Copics to color them,
    but that's genius!! Love Wida's card, too--so sassy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew, I'm a little faint from having a Wida card AND a Kelly card right there in the same post!! Holy cow, but that's a whole lotta incredible talent and awesome works of art!! I love both creations by you ladies! Kelly, your rag banner is so unique and so you and so genius! How fun that you got some Copics and that they work so well for coloring fabric! And, oh, yes, score on that paper which worked perfectly as a chalkboard! I appreciate so much that you linked your schweet card with my NBUS Challenge #3!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea with the ribbons! I love that chalkboard look! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your banner, what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly