Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Top Dog Dies: New Release


Hi folks! I've got four different cards to share with you today, in honor of a new release of dies at Top Dog Dies. First up is the cute Elephant Die Set, which also comes with the balloons. For small dies like the balloons it's often easier for me to cut them all out of white paper and then use Copics to color the different pieces. The dotted scallop border on the bottom is also an exclusive die set ... the Dotted Borders Die Set


Love this little elephant! I used the die to cut a piece of chipboard to layer behind and lift him off the card. The silver embroidery floss from the balloons is wrapped around his trunk and held down with glossy accents.


Here's card #2 with the elephant die, only this time they're with the mama elephant too. There's one little pink water colored guy who stands out from the crowd, and extends a wish. 


Here's a peek at the inside too. 
 

I've always wanted something to use with my "support you" stamp, and the Corset Die is perfect for that sentiment. Since this die has many detailed cuts, I used the metal adapter plate and the pieces came out so easily. This card is for my dear girlfriend who's having surgery next month. The heart is from the Diaper Card Finishers set. 


Here's a peek at the inside ... full of love!


Finally, one of my favorite die sets in this release is the Top Dog Dies Feathers Die set. Everything came together pretty well on this card, from the pink and gold stars, to the wrapped feathers, to the nicely generic sentiment, to the washi tape wrapped around the bottom. I don't have a ton of washi tape rolls, but I hardly ever use them on anything except envelopes. Trying to force myself to use them on cards more!


There are three sizes of feathers in the set, and they all have long stems so you can easily wrap them together. Here you can see the dotted veining detail in the leaves, and how well the die cut through the pink felt. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
-Kelly

13 comments:

  1. WOWZA....tons of spectacular projects Kelly! Love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new dies! I have to say the elephants are my favorite. I love how you used them and the fact that they come with balloons is a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of the boatload of creativity going on here Kelly!! Terrific, each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl! I had been paring down my wish list, and now...those little elephants are just tooooo cute! Your cards are just delightful. Love them all! Hope all is well with you, and have a really great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. You outdo yourself every time, my awesomely creative friend! Love the little elephants (both the polka dot and the pink!) I bet you came away from CA with TONS of new fun ideas. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kelly, I knew that you and TDD would be such a great fit! All so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing group of cards, all highlighting those wonderful dies! I have to say my favorite it that little pink elephant on top of the momma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always know how to show off dies in an incredible way, Kelly. Love the darling elephant with the balloons, and the corset is ooh la la. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What spectacular projects! From sweet to sexy! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely ADORE each one of them!! You created some charming and gorgeous cards, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the one with the pink elephant, BUT all of them are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful cards but those elephants are my favorites, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly