Monday, January 12, 2015

Cure for the Monday Blues with Winnie & Walter

Hi folks! I'm very excited about this post, as it involves one of my favorite stamp companies (Winnie & Walter) and one of my favorite blogging friends (Taheerah). This month Winnie & Walter is sponsoring all of Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenges with an awesome $30 gift card for the winner each week!

As usual, Taheerah has selected a super-inspiring photo for your crafting delight:


So much to love in this photo ... the charcoal circle, gold dots around the edge, golden pine cone, white base, all great elements together.


I had to incorporate them ALL into my card! (Please do excuse my night time photography, as I really wanted to fit this post in before traveling to CHA.) The base of the card uses a mix of w&w Creative Screenings and freestyle droppings of Heidi Swapp color mist. The pine cones from w&w Winter Wonderland are embossed in gold and fussy cut, with a hole-punched circle of glitter paper on top. The vintage seam binding doesn't really relate to the inspiration photo, but I like the additional interest it adds. Being white like the card base, it doesn't take up too much visual space.




I did feel a sense of delight that the theme of the "Eat Drink And Be Merry" sentiment (w&w Eat Drink Gingerbread Man) ties in with the charcoal dinner plate from the inspiration photo : ) The secondary sentiment is from Bubble Talk.


A final element pulled from the inspiration photo is hidden inside. Not sure if you noticed, but there is a leopard pattern in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Perhaps a chair? That translated to a zebra print on the inside of my card. This is one of my favorite things about playing in challenges. It never would have occurred to me to use that paper were it not for this challenge. In fact I've had the paper for years and it's never been touched. Now I couldn't imagine the card without the zebra inside. A little sassy, I think!

Anyway, I sure hope you get a chance to play along with Taheerah's challenge this week. Remember, Winnie & Walter is sponsoring all of the challenges this month, so if this week doesn't work out for you, be sure to come back later.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Kelly 

12 comments:

  1. Great take on the inspiration photo! Love the ribbon and the gold and I love that animal print peeking out of the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kelly, the ribbon is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kelly, love the animal print you picked up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on the inspiration, Kelly ... I'm thinking that zebra is having a wonderful time inside with all that eating, drinking and merry making ... brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That zebra paper is sassy indeed! Great idea and wonderful take on the inspiration photo with every element of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and I love the inside too, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful assortment of details on this terrific card, Kelly. The zebra tease puts it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A whole LOT sassy, Ms. K!! Darling!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love the way u added the ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *grins* Ah Kelly! I can always trust you to pull out all the details and combine them marvellously to form a completely cohesive, unique and awesome card! Love your charcoal plate and perfect sentiment, but you know which detail I love the most - that zebra print on the inside!! Absolutely swoon-worthy!! I'm so happy and honoured to have you as my Guest! <3

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly