Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Winnie & Walter - Bigger and Bolder



Hi all! “Sit back, relax, and strap it down," to quote White Sox announcer Ken Harrelson. We’re going to be seeing some really amazing stamp AND die sets from Winnie & Walter this week!

I have to admit, much as I’d like to be the one who sends “thinking of you” and “congratulations” cards, I’m really mostly a birthday card sender. Maybe once I get more organized and on top of things I’ll do more than the basics, but that’s where I’m at right now. You can imagine how excited I was to see the new Big, Bold and Party stamp set from Winnie & Walter. It’s a giant sized set of stamps with a ton of different words to pick from so you can make your own customized birthday greetings (among other things)! Just what I needed!! 

 

Here's the first card I made with the set. I used Laura Bassen’s smooshing technique to create a background with distress inks (smoosh ink on acrylic block, drop water on it, smoosh onto paper, repeat if necessary). “Party” is embossed in silver sparkle. The remaining sentiment is from this new Big, Bold and Party set, except for "with" and "me" (switched the letters and turned into "em") from the  Big, Bold and Happy.

The candy container is from another set coming later this week.



Next is a word art card. And it’s masculine!! If birthday cards are hard to come by in my house, then masculine birthday cards are the rarest of them all! This was made for my dear God child. He’ll be turning 14 this year. I was excited to use the candles (keep an eye out for those later this week) as Roman numerals to represent the person's age. Again, love that customization to make a card extra special for the recipient.

Do you see a problem though?
 
Apparently, I cannot count roman numerals.
 
I will need to keep this card until 2020 when he turns 19!

 
Hahaha! Here’s the shine on this card. I kept all the embossing metallic since I'm making a masculine card. Although, I think this design would translate easily to a fun card for a teen girl with a change of colors and patterns. The “shine” and “bright” are both from the Big, Bold and Fun set.

Not only is the Big, Bold and Party stamp set exciting, but there are also coordinating DIES!! Eeek! So much goodness.
 
Also, don’t forget about the 1st Birthday festivities going on at the Winnie & Walter blog. The stakes are really high … FREE STAMPS FOR A YEAR for the grand prize. Plus tons of other prizes. Seriously, how can you not get excited about that?!? There are many different challenges to play in.

 
I have really been impressed at the entries to my In Rotation challenge. Flowers, wreaths, graphic designs, even a Ferris wheel have been created! Check them out when you get a chance, or better yet, JOIN them!!

See ya tomorrow with some more good stuff!
-Kelly

17 comments:

  1. Love them all...gotta love all that embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning !! Great effect on that BG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards! Love your idea with the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the candles stamp and the sparkle on that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards! I love those large script sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I love all of these Kelly! The background on the first is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza Kelly your smoothing turned out great!! And I'm laughing right along with you over your miss count!! you're good to go when he's 19 haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! These are amazing!!! Love them! And hey, sometimes I can't count either! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're on a roll, Kelly! Love these fun cards, and can't wait to see the whole release. Especially liking the 'smooshing' technique! Baseball. Can't wait for that either!! Go Cubbies! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all really great ideas! Thanks for all the smooshing hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards, Kelly! Love the ink smooshing and those tallied candles are a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny. I think you should give it to him anyway. I've got a word art DT project coming up which I embossed gold, silver and bronze too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. REally love the watercolor background, so Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic cards! Mistake or not, my favorite is the second one! Awesome job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your customized cards are perfect and unfortunately those 5 years will fly by and soon you'll be handing him that card! The embossed metallics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...what a wonderful array of stunning cards. I really love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous background behind that glittery sparkly party, Kelly ... and oh my, such wonderful shimmery metallics ... such great use of the candles ... even if there is a bundle too many! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly