Tuesday, February 3, 2015

CAS-ual Fridays: Red Hot Smooches




Hi folks! Sometimes you can't over think things. I had a distress ink panel left over and was wondering what to do with it. I didn't want to put it in my scrap pile, because quite honestly, most things never make it out of there once they go in. I really liked this one and wanted to use it right away. The red/pink colors and the splotches were calling out to be a love note, so that's what I did.

The white X's and O's are from CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Fri-Dies. The sentiment is from Mwah and is embossed in gold. Everywhere I look I see gold with pink watercolor. So I thought I'd toss on a few gold splatters as well.


The distress ink panel was actually connected to another piece originally. I used an old card base for the Laura Bassen "smooshing" technique and smooshed right along the fold line. When I cut the card apart, one half became the panel for this card, and the other was used for the card below ...



Can you see where they were joined? I couldn't believe I actually got two viable panels from that one smooshing session. I am definitely trying this again!

This card is over at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

13 comments:

  1. Love that you got not one, but two amazing cards out of some leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards Kelly! Love your smooshing and that gold sentiment--swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that smooshing turned into such great cards, Kelly!! I recall the fabulous lantern one from the other day ... today's is awesome ... such vibrant watercolour pink and delicious gold ... yummy! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red hot is right!!!! I love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red hot is right!!!! I love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRETTY cards Kelly, I love the gold in both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two smooshing masterpieces! Amazing movement in your smooches card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you! Two fantastic smooshy cards! Perfect pinks and golds, so bright and happy. We need more bright in the world! Pure delight. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty, love all that smooshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! You just make it "happen"...seems so easy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smooshing is one of my favorite techniques. I never thought of doing it big and getting two cards. You're such a clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my....what a gorgeous pair of cards. Your background is just as beautiful as they come. Can you come to my house for a lesson please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are both stunning, and I think that you were smart to use your excess right away. Seize the day and all that.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly