Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Week to Die For: Gold Stitching


w&w-cutaways-week-to-die-for

Welcome back for another spotlight on winnie & walter cutaways!

Essentials: Katharine Cutaways

Julie and Shay are masters in efficiency; they spend countless hours trying to jam as much goodness into each section of metal they offer up in their cutaways sets. The Essentials: Katharine cutaway is certainly no exception. How can you not get excited about all the "essentials" in this set?!

For this card, I limited myself to just the row of circles. It seems innocent enough, but holy cow, the possibilities are endless! Seriously, my sketchbook has about a dozen stitching ideas for that one alone. All those perfectly lined up holes ... [happy sigh].
 

Just a die cut at the top and bottom of the panel and you are all set to create whatever patterns you can dream up. This design was simply to have all the thread going from one end and meeting in the middle of the other end. The shine that you get from all those gold strands is really something. 


The sentiment uses the In a Word: Happy cutaway. I was inspired by this card from Danielle Flanders where she brilliantly threaded a second sentiment through the first. LOVE that idea and couldn't wait to try it with the big words from winnie & walter's "In a Word" series.

Love the combination of navy, pink and gold ... it's very Springy to me, without being watered down pastels.

Thanks again for looking! See you tomorrow for more cutaways!
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. That stitched design is just too cool! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing gold stitching! I love the banner inside the die word too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used the string on this card. I never would have thought to cross-cross just top and bottom that way. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fantastic... can't wait to see what you'll create with all those circles I just know you're saving!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loVe your card design. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card design. It reminds me of all the String Art when I was younger without the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kelly! Fabulous design! Love all the threads and the clever way you adhere the sentiment. (taking notes now to case it) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantabulous, Kelly. I love the secondary design where the threads double cross in the middle. I also love the idea of threading part of the sentiment through the word. Brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever you are, Kelly! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is some card...love all your beautiful stitching, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Kelly ... that's such stunning stitching ... and I love the sentiment banner woven through the happy ... gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly