Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Week to Die For: DIY Embellies



w&w-cutaways-week-to-die-for

Welcome back for another spotlight on winnie & walter cutaways!

Big Bang Confetti Cutaways


These cards all feature the Big Bang Confetti cutaways. I really love that this cluster of dies produces 4 different sizes of circles, stars and diamonds in one pass. Creating your own embellishments has never been easier! I originally had a different idea for these cutaways, but after I saw Shay's fun and funky card this week I had to abort and go a different direction.


A couple turns of the crank later and I had a large selection of shapes to work with. Now it's time to mix and match.



I really had a blast putting these together. You really can't go wrong. After I was done with the confetti I added a few birthday mix sequins for good measure.



The fun thing about making these embellies, aside from picking out the colorful papers, is randomly adhering them on top of each other. Usually I'm a liner-upper and center everything. Wow, it's so much quicker to throw caution to the wind and just plop them down!

  
To add to the party atmosphere, I layered a few other patterns under the main panel and secured them all with a strip of washi tape.
 

With the leftovers, I made a little baby card. The embellies are quieter on this card, with tone-on-tone layers, and simple stars. I was originally having trouble with where to put the sentiment on this and the last card, until I decided to use one of the embellies to house the sentiment. Problem solved.


My final card uses more left overs. I used the small diamonds to fill the white space in the center of the circles. This card uses the colors from the current Fusion Challenge, and all three cards use the sketch from the challenge.


  
Thanks for looking, and I'll see you tomorrow for the final episode in this week to die for!
-Kelly

23 comments:

  1. what a fun mix of patterns and shapes! love the layered panels and washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the possibilities of this die set.
    Betty Ackley'
    ackley@jps.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought to do the things that you have done with these dies! You are so talented !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. What wonderfully create ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, I love that cross die the most

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiny but oh so effective, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love that first one with all the layers. And the great thing is that you can get so many cards done when you make all those cuts, just mix and match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you got a set of cards, I love your choice of colors and patterns. Awesome job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun little embellishments! I love these happy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun to make and cut, then make a beautiful card! Love these Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great way to use scraps! Mix and match is always fun.
    tonilea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I LIKE these!! What fun little pieces and they look so pretty on your cards Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely set of cards Kelly :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had fun cutting and pasting, Kelly. The results are such fun designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Kelly, Kelly, Kelly... you make my heart so happy every time I stop by!! Ab. so. lutely. adorable!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. My my my...so fun and just so clever and creative! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly,

    I wonder, do you actually SLEEP or do you fall asleep dreaming up unique and cool things to do for your creations. I've come away inspired and thanking you for it. Such wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so much fun Kelly~the sky is the limit in creativity with the patterns and combos. Love the playfulness in each card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my! I adore all of these! The first one completely stopped me in my tracks...the detail, the brilliant mixing and matching. Wow! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly