Thursday, October 10, 2013

Funky Square Tag


I am currently obsessed about making my own envelopes! One day I will get up the courage to show you my hoard of patterned paper. In the meantime, I am having a blast going through my stash and making the packaging of the cards we spend so much time on look fun too. 

First impressions, right?

The funky square tag die in the new release for CAS-ual Fridays just happens to go PERFECTLY with my latest quest to be pretty on the outside. My friend Sarah's birthday is coming up, and it's become a tradition that we take each other out to shop at Hot Mama for our birthdays. (If you haven't been to a Hot Mama, it's not a maternity store, and not a sleazy store, just fun clothes for us Mamas). Anyway, since I'll be delivering her card in person, I can create a cute tag with her name on it for the outside. 



For making envelopes, the double-sided paper is awesome because you have an instant liner! This is from the American Crafts Amy Tangerine Yes, Please line. The ribbon that holds the tag on the other side also hold the flap down in the back (since there is no "glue" to lick on the flap). I've also just used cute washi tape to hold the flap down.


Here's the funky square tag as an instant Christmas present tag. Again, using the double-sided paper makes it double-fun. Since there's a hole on the top for the tag, this is a great opportunity to make an easy bow. Pull the ribbon through the hole and leave a loop, wrap it around the tag hole, leave a loop on the other side, wrap it around the tag hole, etc., etc. Done!
  
Please check out the other sneaks from the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team. The two stamp sets (Spooky and Amber Waves) and the three dies (four petal, funky round tag, funky square tag) will be available tomorrow at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

 Dana

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Amazing projects Kelly, love your envie {I think I am going to get one} and those sweet tags. LOVE the red ribbon on the bottom tags--May Arts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! The red ribbon is, I'm guessing from the plastic holder, from a 1970's craft store. I was so excited to get yards of this, plus 3 green trims for $2 at my favorite flea market in Elkhorn, WI. So glad you like it as much as I do : )

      Delete
  2. Awesome little tags Kelly! Really love the one with the colourful alphas, and the cute little present-like ones are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your personalized tag on the card for Sarah!! What an awesome idea! And yes, you told me about your HUGE collection (aka: hoarding) of pattern paper, it's better to use them up before they took up the entire house! Glad that you found a solution! Hot Mama sounds like a FUN place to hang out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tags Kelly, love the fun alphabet letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the gift tags and wrapping them up like Christmas gifts is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn cute! These tags are so sweet. Love that you're using up your double sided papers for envelopes. I think I have enough to last for 100 years, lol! The tags are seriously awesome. Perfect ribbon, perfect embellies. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your tags and envelope. I will be ordering that die when it comes out. And, I just got the envelope punch board, and am so excited to finally have a cute way to go through some of those patterned papers, especially the double sided ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tags Kelly!
    YOu post is packed with such cool ideas!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tags and the lovely background lead to lovely cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fancy envelope and the sweet tags...what product do you use to make the envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Anne! I just use the back of the small Martha Stewart score board. I like it better than the large MS score board because you don't have to turn the paper at all (the large one you need to turn your paper 4 times).

      http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Crafts-Scoring-Board/dp/B008X09DZM/ref=sr_1_2?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1381841023&sr=1-2&keywords=score+board

      Delete
    2. Thanks...I have the big one but I have never tried to make an envelope. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly