Monday, October 7, 2013

Amber Waves Sneak Peek


I was missing a good, fall thank you set. Happily, I got one in the mail a couple weeks ago! The other stamp set released this month for CAS-ual Fridays is Amber Waves.



The wheat image is a really great focal point stamp in this set. You can get more depth by varying the colors on the seeds of wheat by dabbing small ink pads on your stamp. Originally I had the red going on the stems, so I just went over them with a fine-tip brown marker after stamping.

The background edges are made with the grains of wheat stamped in alternating directions in shades of brown. It's a good way to make sure the background coordinates with the focal point : )

Please check out the other sneaks from the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Design Team:

 Dana

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

17 comments:

  1. Very serene, Kelly. Love the wheat image; this could be one of those very versatile sets... Really lovely. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Kelly :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the multicolored wheat, really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww this is so simple and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful fall card! love how you stamped your background edges to match! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, elegant card - love the scored lines and stamped edges & pretty paper on the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is fabulous. I love the multicolored sheaves of grain. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, Kelly ... simple and serene ... and stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly I adore the way you've inked the wheat up with such pretty colors! Such a wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful Kelly, beautiful stamping and I love the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the variegated focal image, and amazed at the borders, before reading I thought it was design paper. Love your card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. so graceful and perfect in every way!
    Thanks Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply stunning. I do not have a wheat stamp set yet--now you have shown me that I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your multicolored wheat are quite the eye candy here! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly