Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Funky Round Tag Fri-Dies - Fall/Christmas Bouquets


I'm on a mission to use more of my stash, and one of my targets has been a small collection of wooden spools I've picked up at flea markets. The asterisks from the CAS-ual Fridays Exclamations set will now have a die available from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps that I thought could be turned into a fun, funky, little flower.




The fun part of this project is getting together lots of patterned paper scraps to make the flowers. A few plastic disks for the centers, and a wire through the layers, completes the flower.


I chose fall colors for this bouquet and will keep it out for Halloween. Another Studio Calico paper is wrapped around the wooden spool base. Once I figured out what I was doing, it really couldn't have been easier to put together.


So easy that I had to go for the next holiday too, using the Crate Paper Peppermint line. 


Unlike the Fall/Halloween bouquet, this one uses a double layer of the asterisk die for a fuller, more traditional, flower. The centers have a punched sunburst shape, and some have Twinkle Goosebumps (amazing light reflection) on top.

 I left the vintage label on top of the green, paper-covered spool.


Since I die cut more flowers for this one and had a fuller bouquet, I stacked two of the spools together to make the arrangement taller. Love how these turned out, and how easy the dies are to use.


And finally, a quick tag that uses the round tag die. Stamps are from the Spooky set, which has already been released in the store due to the quickly approaching holiday!

Please check out the other sneaks from the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team:

 Dana

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Love these little bouquets, Kelly! I know exactly what you mean about using what you have...Very clever, and very cute. Love the little ghostie tag too. Have a good Wednesday. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome Kelly! Such a great use for the Exclamations die, and I love the little ghost tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! I'm especially like the double layer flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...you really know how to make your own fun!! What darling funky displays! I love the asterisk flowers--another stand out, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so stinkin cute!!! I just made a spool creation yesterday, aren't they fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both so amazing, love that fun bouquet and your ghost tag?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, Kelly, what a fun way to use your stash, these are so charming and whimsical! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kelly thiese are sooooo very pretty :) love the way you created these wonderful pieces of art work. and that little tag is so very cute. Also, wanted to congratulate you for your "5 card set for less than $5" publication in paper crafts magazine. Today I got my issue and was so glad to see ur brilliant cards published :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has got to be thee most adorable thing I've ever seen using wooden spools! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu are so creative Kelly!
    You always challenge us to think outside the box and reward us with the prettiest projects!
    Thank YOu!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative indeed! Cute, cute with the flowers and spools!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly