Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Four Petal Fri-Dies Sneak


A hydrangea!
 
The first CAS-ual Fridays die released this month is a set of 2 four-petal dies. Not exactly a hydrangea, but could certainly be turned into one.


 Recently, I've had several conversations with people about using the Silhouette vs. traditional die-cutting. With all the versatility in die-cutting provided by the Silhouette, I still have a soft spot for traditional metal dies. My last craft purchase was $84 worth of metal dies (thanks, Helen!!)


Aside from the ease of use, I LOVE the rounded edges that metal dies give. It's a small detail, but one I love. And this particular set of dies has another advantage since they are outline dies ... an extra ridge!

  


The insides of the flowers are stamped with the coordinating four-petal flowers from the Christmas Carol set, in the smaller size. The sentiment is from Shenanigans.
 
Please check out the other sneaks from the rest of the awesome CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team:

 Dana

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I love the pink stamping in the centres and the texture on the edges! Ah, the endless debate - I have LOTS of dies and a Silhouette - that seems to be the only answer! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink and the silver centers, great cluster and love the patterned paper inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Those flower dies are just amazing. Like Ardyth, I have a Silhouette and have amassed a hefty quantity of dies. Love them both, and will always use both! I will admit, I do like the little extra ridge that some dies have. The added detail is just necessary sometimes. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delicate and oh SO pretty Kelly!! I do love my metal dies too, seems I'm in control that way LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh pretty flowers! I love the new die and the little border on it! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Definitely a hydrangea! So pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cup of tea right by me so I can get cozy and admire all the gorgeous cards you have made...
    this is delightful, love the palette also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the pink addition is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, and I need that die! I am resisting the peer pressure to get a Silhouette--I love my dies too much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the feminine touch and layered petals of this card, Kelly! The use of little brads is icing on the cake! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your flowers, that pink touch is lovely! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my these are gorgeous, just goes to show how versatile the smaller dies can be :0) I'm with you about dies.... Can't beat that rounded edge a die gives over a blade cut!!!
    The hydrangea you made is amazing and the co-ordinating stamps add that extra definition too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a whole lot of awesome die cutting with real dies to make this awesome hydrangea on this awesome card! I love the delicate colours of each bloom and the metal stud at the centre of each! All these little details really make this design shine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo pretty, Kelly, love the touch of pink and the silver centres! I don't have a single die (what??) ... although I do have a Cricut, so am resisting dies (for the moment!) ... but I agree, the rounded edges of a die cut do add a lovely finish! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun. Wonderful touch with the double sided PP. Good for you, using it up. Saw your envies too - can't do that if you cut your PP into 6" squares. One disadvantage.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly