Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Card


Here's a wedding card for the Less Is More Love and Marriage Challenge

Much as I hate to part with my flea market treasures, I though it was time to use some of the antique mother-of-pearl buttons someone had carefully cut off their old clothing and stored in a glass cigar holder. A "something old" for the wedding couple.  This is similar to an earlier card I did, but I thought the design would fit a wedding theme well. 

Luckily, the words "Mr." and "Mrs." on the background paper happened to be spaced just right to show through the die cut birds. Couldn't have planned it any better. Love it when things work out like that!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

Supplies used:
Dies: Memory Box Meadow Bird, PTI Flower; 
Paper: The Paper Company Hammered Silver, Making Memories Wedding Words; 
Impression Plates: Papertrey Ink Circles; 
Other: Antique Buttons

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love all the details - those buttons are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how beautifully elegant this is Kelly! And my oh my do I love those buttons in the glass tube!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sooo pretty with the embossing ! I agree with Lisa very elegant and I love the way you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Kelly, I love the embossing and those lovely Mother of Pearl buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeously done. love the cut outs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning, Kelly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card, birds are a great use for love cards
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly