Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What Goes Up and Never Comes Down?



I loved making paper airplanes as a kid (and decorating them!) and as I was thinking about the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to feature things you'd see in the sky, I thought it would be fun to make a paper airplane again. Only a mini one this time. Add a riddled sentiment and you've got a birthday card for just about anyone.

 

The roof's edge is cut longer so when it's resting it takes the shape of a roof.



Then when you open it, you get the answer to the riddle. Hahaha. The answer is suspended with thread so it hangs vertically as you open the roof. I made wide fringe for the roof tiles, snipped the corners for a little dimension, and used the woodgrain impression plate.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly


Supplies used:
stamps:  PTI Movers and Shakers: Sentiments, Martha Stewart Backgrounds
impression plates: PTI Woodgrain
other: thread, baker's twine

9 comments:

  1. Very clever. Love your little paper airplane, and that roof with the riddle answer is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...love the sentiment inside! Adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my cuteness!! So stinkin' clever too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That roof is so clever! Love it! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! How intricate and creative is this design, Kelly!! I think it will work with a Santa (coming down from the chimney!!) as well! You do such inspiring work! Love it so much! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I love this card!! how cool is that roof. winner winner chicken dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly