Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Creative Type


Holy smokes, this is such a cool typewriter in the Tuesday Trigger challenge at the Moxie Fab World! I saw a 1930's typewriter on etsy like this and apparently the keys are colored to help with finger placement. I'd rather think that they made it like this just for fun!

The photo inspired me to play around with the theme of "creativity" and the kind of out-of-the-box thinking someone had to make the keys in a color other than black. In my head I had a picture of a blank typewriter page with flourishes and doodles coming out from behind it to symbolize the endless possibilities that await that page, or really any project, right before you start.


It turned out pretty close to what I pictured. Ideally I'd like to have the quote centered under the typewriter on the white cardstock, but I ran out of real estate. That's OK. Three rhinestones are on the keyboard, radiating more creative energy.
 
 
 There are several inspirational quotes that I love, and I couldn't pick just one, so I figured a set would be fun to make. It was fun to play around with the different doodle stamps. You could make 20 of these and they'd all be unique.


Thanks for looking!
-Kelly


Supplies used: 
stamps: Heidi Grace
ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Color Box Yellow Ochre
other: rhinestones

21 comments:

  1. What great cards Kelly, love the paper strips down the edge! Looks like thoughts and stories ready for typing floating above. And Holy Smokes is right...what a NIFTY typewriter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Kelly! The flowers coming out of the back of the typewriter is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card !..Even I came up with a card with quotes on it..but I love your doodles behind the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! What a fun take on the trigger challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card set! Love the quotes you chose and the flowers and words coming out of the typewriter is so inspiring!!!! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this design Kelly! fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really fab! Love that you chose flowers to go with your typewriter- really original!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kelly! Thanks for linking these up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the fun take of the typewritter. congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already said I loved this- but thought I'd say congrats as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, I love this and now I am officially following you. not sure why it took me so long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the TT win, Kelly! I love your card set with those fabulous quotes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HUGE congrats on another well deserved TT Kelly :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, Kelly! Congrats on this VERY creative card. Brilliantly simple always works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the creativity that flows from your card - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous! Congrats on your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! Love the flourishes. Congrats on your Moxie Fab shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an AWESOME set, Kelly!! Love it so much! A VERY elated congrats on your TT shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!!! These are so COOL!!!! I just love them! And who wouldn't want a keyboard like that - why are computer keyboards so boring anyway? Maybe Apple or HP or Dell or Microsoft need to think outside the box too? Should we forward the Moxie Fab World blog to them? I could see colored keyboards in our future!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly