Thursday, August 9, 2012

7th Birthday Card for Boy/Girl Twins


Here are a few more cards inspired by the super-cool typewriter from the Tuesday Trigger.


I know, there are no typewriters to be found on these cards. The inspiration is from the colored keys. I was thinking, "what part of an image do I have that is always, without a second thought, colored black so I can substitute colors?" Numbers on a traditional pocket watch!  



I carefully inked each number with an ink pad, except I was able to use a stamp marker for the yellow numbers. Then die cut a thick acrylic circle (from Cricut Cartridge packaging) to put on top of the clock face. I wanted something with a shine, and initially used dimensional glaze. Yuck!! It turned the colored numbers into a soupy mess. I'm embarrassed to even show a picture of that.

This card is for our dear niece, so I put a gem brad in the middle, and used the fancy watch hands. Notice they are pointing to 7:00 ... she's turning 7. Of course you could do this for any age, up to 12 years old.


This card is for our handsome nephew. Also turning 7 years old. Instead of messing around with the numbers which are supposed to be black, I took what is supposed to be white, and added color to that. 


The normally white watch face has ink sponged around in a circle like the tie dye technique that was featured at PTI Stamp-A-Faire. Since this is for our nephew, I didn't want to use the fancy watch hands, so I drew plain, straight ones. A screw brad holds everything down in the middle.


Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

Supplies used:stamps:  Pink Paisley Soiree, AC chevron, old wood block watch 

dies:  PTI fillable frames
other: acrylic, screw brad, gem brad

11 comments:

  1. love these! perfect set of cards for twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the first one! I love the acrylic overlay on the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so great! You are so very clever! Love how you made the "time" the age of the recipient! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the different colour numbers and the shine on the clock face - and I love how you used the banners to hold up the clock! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, this needs to be in a magazine. it is so different and COOL! lets see if hallmark can make THIS! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the Tuesday Trigger photo! I love the coloured numbers and how you covered the clock face and had the time be almost seven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the trigger! The first one is so fun with the bright colors and the shiny clock face! I love how you hung the pocket watch from the banners on the second card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! The rainbow colors and the clock! Fun!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kelly! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelley love these twin cards. Such a unquie idea. The clocks look wonderful! Thanks for the info on the fish stamp you were correct. How did you know?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly