Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Little Bleach, a Little Ink


Well I did make it into the laundry room this week ... to grab some bleach for some good, clean card making! Nichole shared a technique to stamp with bleach and then stamp with ink on top.



Chrissie and Mandi may get sick of seeing me, but it's their fault for having such a versatile sketch for us to use this week! This time I at least flipped it over.



I'm short on larger solid stamps, so I turned to Mehndi Medallion to try this technique out. Since I'm only using one stamp for this, I needed to over-saturate this finely detailed stamp with bleach so it bleeds on the paper. This way when I stamp again with orange ink, there will be a larger white area underneath acting as an outline for all the detail.

 The third time I stamped the medallion is in raspberry on the card base. I intentionally rotated the raspberry medallion so it didn't line up with the bleached/orange medallion. When they lined up it seemed to blend in too much.

Interesting to note that when I bleached the PTI raspberry paper it didn't turn color at all. So I grabbed a cheap, thin raspberry paper and the bleach immediately turned the paper to white.


Thanks for looking!


Supplies used:
stamps:  PTI Mehndi Medallion, Martha Stewart Invitations
dies:  PTI Wonderful Words
ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz, True Black, Colorbox Tangerine

12 comments:

  1. You're brave - I'm sure I'd ruin something (more than a card, too!) if I used bleach. The results are amazing - I think this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ruined one favourite stamp using bleach so I tend to steer clear of that technique now... but I do use bleach on cards in other ways!
    We don't get tired of seeing additional cards Kelly!
    This is a great effect, although the sketch is not quite so obvious!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to agree with Ardyth, you are a brave lady! What a gorgeous effect, and I love the bold black paired with the bright colors. Perfect stamp for the technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out amazing! Love the whole 'triple' stamping with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great job with the MIM technique Kelly. My bleach is staying in the cupboard this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh this is gorgeous! What a great take on the technique! :)

    Lauren
    laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the oversized sentiment
    Terrific card
    Great take on our sketch
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever girl you are! I love your take on the challenge. You always surprise me with your unique designs! Great job, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kelly! Love the colors and this technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Both the technique and the saying make me smile! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly