Monday, August 7, 2017

W&W Rerun - Sugar Rush


Hi Folks! It's time to bring out another oldie but goodie at Winnie & Walter for the Rerun Challenge! This month we're featuring the birthday staple Sugar Rush. I've always loved that cupcake piled high with frosting, and the cute cake stand.
  

This week I had the pleasure of attending a mixed media class in Milwaukee taught by none other than Dyan Realveley, the self professed "weird one" at Ranger. Every time I see her at CHA my head spins as I turn through her art journals. Total fan girl. I don't have any experience with mixed media, but my admiration of Dyan's work is so high that it prompted me to enroll in her class so I could pick up a few things. She actually taught us how to create a basic page! It came down to this formula:

1) Pick three warm or cool colors.
2) Put a base coat of a light color on your surface
3) Blend in another color in a triangle around the card
4) Use a dark color to blend on the edges
5) lightly stencil in a triangle around the card with the lightest two colors
6) stamp a border


After making a few pages following these guidelines I decided to see what would happen if I made a card in this same manner. For the stencils I used Creative Screenings Scenery: Big Bang Circle, and Scenery: The Leaf Effect, and the border is from Scenery: The Party Hangover. It was a very fun experiment in letting go and not planning anything before putting ink to paper.

 Winnie & Walter, LLC

Head on over to the Winnie & Walter blog to find out details on how to participate in the rerun challenge, which is open throughout the month. Don't forget there is also a giveaway, AND the featured set is on sale.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Too funny that you posted this because Caitlin just made a card with this stamp set the other day! She asked me why we don't have the 'metal things' to go with it since the donuts are so hard to cut out. Hello W&W- make the die cuts please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun background for that pretty little cupcake! This is delightful Kelly. CUTE photo of you and Dyan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous poet, and even more FAB design

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly