Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sliding 9th Birthday Card [PTI Blog Hop]


I so LOVE getting things done ahead of time, mostly because it never happens so when it does I really feel good! Papertrey's February blog hop challenge is to make an interactive card. Great timing. I read the blog post, and an hour later my doorbell rang with the latest shipment from Papertrey! Interactive cards are perfect for grabbing the attention of kids. So I decided to make an interactive card for a birthday that's 2 weeks away (in my world, this is ridiculously early!)


The card lies flat, then when you "pull here" it pops up the main design.


You do need to do a little pre-planning when using the Movers and Shakers: Sliders die. I'd suggest assembling the slider, then marking with a pencil how far it pulls out so that your sentiment is completely visible. I cut it a little too close.

There's a YouTube tutorial that Papertrey did on how to use the dies. 


Of course, can't forget about the inside.


This was a fun card to make. Hope darling Tessa likes it! Thanks for looking.


Supplies:
PTI Movers and Shakers Sentiments
PTI Movers and Shakers: Sliders Die
PTI By the Numbers Die
PTI Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Biscuit, Mellon Berry, Ripe Avocado, Lemon Tart Cardstock
PTI Mendhi Medallion Impression Plate
American Crafts Textures Stamp
Sizzix Die
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
PSX Pixie Alphabet Stamps

16 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cool! Great job using your new goodies from PTI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colorful 9's definitely stand out from the bunch! I love 'em! And then the inside of the card is just as cool, too. You are one talented crafter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow--what a fabby card. I love all those popped up '9's'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun card. love the 9's in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously loving this card! Something like this would be perfect for the card charity (Cardcupids.org) that I send cards to. I hope you don't mind if I use it sometime. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interactive card, Kelly! I'm sure Tessa will love it. The textured stamp adds a lot to the 9's as well as the variety of colors. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the fun 9s! Way to rock out the papertrey ink blog hop.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card!!! Love the interactive details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE everything about it -- FABULOUS card for a sweet 9-year-old and know she'll LOVE it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly, check out my blog I have a surprise for you! This card is beautiful, love the pop ups. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEEEEEEEE!!!!! One of the benefits of being on your blog is seeing the masterpiece before it is received!! Hehehehehe. LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE! Tessa will absolutely love it. I DEFINITELY do! And I feel somewhat famous having our card-to-be as one of your examples here on your way cool blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly