Friday, January 25, 2019

Neat & Tangled January Guest Designer - Doily Die SIX Ways


Hi Folks! My final guest design post is up on the Neat & Tangled blog! I've been eyeing the gorgeous Doily Envelope Die for awhile now, thanks in part to the amazing Kate who uses it often to wrap her multi-dimensional creations, and have been so anxious to try it out.


For my final post I came up with SIX different ways to use this die (not including two bonus cards that I threw in)!  

I'm sharing all the details, tips and tricks on the Neat & Tangled blog, but I couldn't help but wanting to share a photo of each card here too.


1) Make an envelope, as it was intended. 



2) Make a square doily with the two large flaps.


3) Use the doily as a stencil.



This next card uses a similar technique of covering a portion of the card with the doily to use as a stencil and brush ink through. Since it's a similar idea, I didn't count it as a different way to use the die, so let's consider it a bonus card!




4) Search for other elements in the lace to highlight.



5) Use the smaller doily flap as a topper for your card.



6) Use two of the smaller doily flaps to create a square panel.




7) Use the doily to outline any size card. This card was featured in last week's post, so I didn't really count it in my six ways to use the doily die, but thought I'd still mention it since it's a different idea.


Well that's a wrap! Both for my Doily Envelope cards, and for my January guest designing. Sure hope you liked the ideas, and maybe were inspired to look at your supplies in a way they weren't intended to be used! Be sure to stop by the Neat & Tangled blog for all the commentary, and how-to photos, especially with making the square doilies.

Many thanks to Miriam and Neat & Tangled for inviting me to share my projects with you this month. It's sure been a treat playing with these wonderful stamps and dies!

Thanks for stopping by!
- Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Wowza Kelly! Love the way you've shown the versatility of this product, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all GORGEOUS!! Loving all the things you did with the die. Wonderful inspiration...thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creativity in true Kelly fashion. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly