Friday, January 4, 2019

Alpine Windows Die Two More Ways



Hello Folks! I'm back with another use for the Ellen Hutson Alpine Windows dies!




After making my first few tri-fold cards from a standard size sheet of paper (like the above card, originally posted here) I was left with smaller 3" x 3 2/3" trifold pieces. I never want to toss anything, so I thought I'd see what I could do with these leftovers.


For the first one I made a smaller see-through card for a gift tag. I used all the same die cuts as I did for the "real" card, and in addition I snipped off the house from the first layer. Since I accidentally had the card upside down when I made all the cuts (you can see this trifold would have opened to the right instead of the left) I adhered the last two layers together. So now it opens like a regular card! I curved and embossed the sentiment from Totally Random Sayings Vol 2 to follow the curve of the valley. I just colored the trees for this card. Very simple.


For this card, I did not use the mountain die on the bottom layer, just the house die on the first layer (cutting off the house again) and the evergreen trees die on the second layer. Instead of adhering the last two layers together, I adhered all three of the layers together. And that made the perfect place for me to slide in a $20 bill!


What I couldn't believe, aside from this being the perfect size to fit a dollar bill, is that the white house on the back is very similar in scale to the evergreen trees! They totally go together! Who knew?


The background that this is mounted to is made with the Altenew Feeling Dotty Stencil, stenciled once in orange, shifted to the side, and stenciled again in aqua.

These next few photos I was UNABLE TO EDIT, thanks to Photoshop thinking I was some sort of criminal mastermind taking photos of US currency and perhaps replicating them?!? It honestly would not let me edit these photos showing the $20 bill. Hilarious, and also annoying. Thought I'd share them with you anyway so you can see how I slipped the money between the two layers.






I'm always looking for clever and creative ways to give money. Cash is cash, so it's nice to have a way to make it stand out from other gifts of money.


Here's my collection of projects made with the Alpine Windows dies so far! I blogged about the card here, and the monster treat bag here.


 Thanks so much for looking!
-Kelly





Altenew Stencils, Feeling Dotty

Alpine Window by Julie Ebersole, Essentials By Ellen Designer Dies

Essentials By Ellen Clear Stamps, Totally Random Sayings Vol. 2 by Julie Ebersole

Catherine Pooler Ink Pad, Tiki Torch

Catherine Pooler Ink Pad, Aquatini

Catherine Pooler Ink Pad, Black Jack

VersaMark Ink Pad

Brutus Monroe Metallic Embossing Powder, Gilded

My Sweet Petunia MISTI Laser Etched Stamping Tool (8-1/8 X 10-1/2)



9 comments:

  1. Let us know if the Feds come knocking at your door... We'll bail you out and then flood them with cards! I marveled at your treat bag when you first posted it, and now I'm blown away again by this tri-fold, and all the cards you've shared. LOVE the idea with the $$ as part of your design!! I think you've started (another!) trend, and this will be CASEd like crazy!! Fabulous, girl!! Have an amazing 2019. xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good old Photoshop!! The trees in front of the Whitehouse..what a brilliant design! These are amazing Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how FABulous! That's so funny about Photoshop:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous but the second one is genius!!! And eye roll to Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can always count on you to show me a variety of ways to use my stamps and dies, Kelly. The money card is such a good idea, or you could insert a gift card. I'm forever looking for ways to give my grandkids cards and/or money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever, Kelly! I love how the White House fits right in there! You certainly have stretched those dies to new heights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are awesome, Kelly! Love them...you are so clever! And I did have to laugh about Photoshop...I think that's why I never show money in my photos.?.Then again, I don't really have money to show. LOL Glad you still shared the unedited photos, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are amazing, Kelly! What a fun way to make a cash card design! Thank you for the detailed post, but sorry about the editing. Once again a few bad people ruin it for the rest of us. The photos you did get are terrific! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always wonderful to see dies and stamps used in creative new ways. I don't always see new possibilities and yet I want to use my products more than once. I really love the money card.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly