Saturday, February 10, 2018

Heffy Doodle Blog Hop



Hi Friends! I'm so thrilled to be part of the Heffy Doodle blog hop to celebrate their newest release! If you're just now joining the hop, feel free to start at the beginning with Heffy Doodle, or you may have come directly from the blog of Cassie Tezak.


I kinda knew that Lesley Oman, owner of Heffy Doodle, was a fun and energetic person from being on the Chibitronics team together. But, I was in for a real treat when I met her in person for the first time at Creativation a couple weeks ago ... what a HOOT this girl is! Super funny, lovable, and honestly just someone you want to hang out with. I'm so happy she's had such great success starting her dream company, and I can't wait to see where it will go.


I got to play with the new Eggcellent News set, which is full of cute, punny sayings (many of which are baby/pregnancy related.) For my card, I stamped the sentiment directly on canvas to give it more of a homespun feel.


The baby chick, who is in the process of hatching from his egg, is sitting in the nest under the watchful eye of his parents. I used an exacto knife to cut a slit along the line of the nest so I could slip the egg inside the nest.


To finish the card off I sewed around the edges and attached it to the light blue base, keeping the long tails of thread at the end. This card is going to my cousin, who already knows she's expecting a baby boy, so I was able to go with a gender-specific background color. Can't wait to see her open it at the baby shower next month!

Now for some info on prizes! A random winner will be selected for a £25 gift certificate + free shipping to the Heffy Doodle store. To be eligible, leave comments across the entire blog hop by 
11:59 PM PST on 2/15/2018. Winners will be announced on the Heffy Doodle Blog.

You're next destination on the hop is Maria Rudolph!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
-Kelly


Kelly Griglione <---You are Here


38 comments:

  1. Awww this is adorable, such a clever idea and cute card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love love it. As a keen fabric crafter I just love the mix of fabric and stamping. This card is perfect for me. Great white space and a fantastic card for a new mum and dad - it conveys the message so clearly - what a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, love how cute and cuddly these little chicks are, your background is a great change up from card, love it. Thank you for showing how versatile you can make your cards look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, what an adorable card! Love the extra panel of texture and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat way to do the background! I love the fun HeffyDoodle puns - this is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the effect of using fabric on your card... so textural! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, wow what a lot of techniques I have learnt from you in just one project. Initially stamping on fabric is something I have not done in the past but I think it gives the whole project a farm/barn feeling. I have in projects of my own cut lines as you have done with the nest in order to slot the chick pipping its way out of its egg. But I have never sewn my layer to my card base before. Did you use a special type of sewing machine or was it on a particular setting in order to sew through the card? Thank you Kelly, I love your card design using the Heffy Doodle products. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!! Never thought of putting fabric on my cards.
    Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card! Love the texture with the fabric layer! The chicks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute clever card it is ! Loved the use of canvas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice different way of doing a background by using a canvas. Clever. The sewing was a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card design and I love your addition of the texture using fabric and stitching. Really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great card, love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card to send to expentant
    parents. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you incorporated some texture into your cute card by using the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there. I love your card, adding fabric on your background is such a great idea and I definitely want to try this! I love the pic of you girls 😍

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea to stamp on canvas! Congrats to your cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable. I like the use of canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card is so cute! You show how the tools you use are so versatile. I really like it especially the fabric background. TY :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super cute card, Kelly! I always love how your cards are so unique and this one here too is. Super cute design and love the stamping on the canvas idea..what a great texture to have on a card. Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this is CUTE! Love that you stamped it onto the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very sweet, I really like your idea of using a canvas for a background - gives it a different feel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea to put it on canvas! The stamp set is just to cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a cute set, Kelly, and I love how you put the egg in the nest. I must say though, since I saw there was a rooster, that he would be one of the parents. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soooo cute, love the fabric added.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is adorable!!! She's going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome release! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am in love with this card!!! Thanks for inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea to stamp on CANVAS!! I've yet to try that, but I think it is awesome and so creative! Great card...I know she will love it. Love those chicks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Had never thought about includeing or stamping on canvas for my cards! Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww!!! How cute!!! Love your beautiful card!!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that you stamped on fabric and added the stitching, such a homey and sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow ! Your card is simply wonderful ! Very creative !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a fun and unique card! I love that you went out of the box and stamped on canvas! Very cool idea that I never would have thought of. Thank you for showing me a new technique! Can't wait to try it!

    Sammibug aka Samantha Houp aka Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love punny cards and this one is adorable as well! This would be a fun stamp set to use. Such a clever idea stamping onto the canvas and sewing it to the card base!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly