Thursday, February 15, 2018

Chibitronics and MFT Blog Hop

 


Hi Folks! We're so excited on the Chibitronics team to partner up with My Favorite Things and make a whole bunch of adorable things light up! To celebrate, we're having a blog hop. If you've just joined us feel free to start at the beginning on the MFT blog.


I've been dying to play with the chefs from the My Favorite Things Recipe for Happiness set, especially since my youngest son is so passionate about cooking. For my birthday this week he asked me to stay out of the kitchen (umm ... sure!) so he could surprise me with homemade chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. Yumm!! Anyway, here you see the chef getting ready to cook his meal in the kitchen, just like my son.

When you pull the tab (stamped with "pull me" instructions from Interactively Yours by Heffy Doodle), the chef walks over to the stove, and ...


... starts cooking! The burner turns on (blue, naturally, since this is a gas stove) and the oven starts as well. Not only that, but you'll notice that his main dish is steaming hot and ready to be served! Fun!


Once he's done and steps away from the stove, it all turns off. The bowl is also emptied, as the steam turns off and hides back behind the chef (I was most pleased with this element of the card and took great care to make sure any of the waves of steam would be hidden behind the chef when he's all the way to the right!)


Here's another look at the stove, oven and steam at work. Check out the casserole cooking in the oven, which you can only slightly see behind the vellum before he turns the oven on, but it's easy to see once he starts cooking. It's so fun to play with accessories like this in a stamp set! Also, I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of this chef with the bamboo floors in his kitchen.


You can see the blue light a little better here with a darker photo. Want to see how it works?




Here's the circuitry, including the pull tab which has copper tape on the bottom side. Once it's pulled all the way to the left, the copper tape completes the circuit on the card base and turns all the white and blue lights on. I've also incorporated Eiko's advice and have covered all the LED tabs with copper tape to ensure the connection is solid.




I like that you may wonder what's going to happen when you pull the tab (unless you're an immediate member of my family and you can pretty much guess that something's gonna light up!!) And now that you know what happens, I hope you enjoyed it!


What's a blog hop without a good giveaway, right? No disappointment here, comment along all the stops for the most chances to win a $50 gift card to MFT or a Chibitronics starter kit. The design team from MFT is also sharing projects today and they’re linked from the MFT blog so make sure to head there, too! Fun stuff!! We have one more MFT/Chibitronics blog hop tomorrow with tons more inspiration!

Now I'm super happy to send you to the amazing Lesley Oman who has a never-before-seen (at least by me!) light-up-pop-up-slider card to share with you ... you're going to love it!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
-Kelly


Chibitronics Blog
Kelly Griglione <---you're here!
Lesley Oman
Kelly Szafron
WeiWei Wang
MFT Blog

50 comments:

  1. OMG I love this idea!!! Soooo CUTE!!! My sister is always baking goodies for everyone she knows and I so appreciate how she shows us her love through her baking. This is the perfect card for her. Question, are three lights used for the "oven" part of the stove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! So glad you like the card, and hope you can make one like it for your sister!! You are correct, the three lights line up with the bottom of the oven. I could have used one light, but I wanted it to be pretty bright so it would really outline the casserole dish well. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Just Wow! This is soooo cool!! Looks a bit difficult as well when I look at all the wires..
    I love that you've created the cook to come to stove when the lights turn on.
    Really really great!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The blue and white are the perfect choice! I'm loving the pull tab vs the push here connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Blue "flame" was a great choice, and the rest of the card is super adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like magic..just pull the tab and magic happens specially with the steam..I was wondering where did come from;) Pure genius !! You have done true justice with the stamp set !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I love the oven light. So much fun. I hope to try this some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Fantastic card!! You are super creative! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such an awesome card. Love how you used the chibitronics in several places. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Can't wait to try this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is the cutest thing ever. Love the fact that it lights up too. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Love interactive cards but the use of Chibitronics on this card lights it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool! This is so unique and creative! I love this interactive light-up element.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness ! How fantastic is this card ! Awesome !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! This is the absolute cutest card!! I don't think I ever would have thought of using this with Pizza Guy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWWWWW--I love this! Your little cook, oven, stove top, and hot pot.....how cool is that!!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute and clever kitchen scene. Love the light up feature.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what fun you must have had! Super clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh i like how you made two of those light points, great make.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If the Chef didn't have his hands full [in such a wonderful way] he'd kiss his fingers to your tres magnifique card!!! Lighted up in all the best places, Kelly... my fave is the steam! I see you're a genius in the kitchen, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness!!! I'm totally in love for the cuteness of your funny card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a awesome card. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooooh, I love your card, it's absolutely perfect to showcase both MFT products and the Chibi lights. What a fantastic design! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelly this is the coolest card I have seen. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kelly! I knew you'd "cook up" something awesome--and you did! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kelly, that's such a fun card! I love everything about it but the steam is extra special. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a creative card with multiple interactive elements. Love love love this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cool is this?!! I love your light up elements and the wood floor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy cow - such a clever card! I don't have that particular MFT set yet, as could never think of what to do with them, but after seeing your card, it is on my list, along with the Chibitronics of course!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card made me smile for its so darn creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card is so clever and fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That card is so fun! I think chibi lights are gonna be my new technique to master.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun card...love the light in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is a darling card.
    I have the pieces needed to make
    the card. Now I need the lights.
    You've given me confidence that
    I can do this. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! This is the coolest card ever!! I love the way the lights bring it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so spectacular I can hardly stand it, Kelly. You are so creative and every detail on your card is perfect, right down to that bamboo floor you covet.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That card is amazing! I would like to give these a try that is such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great card! I love seeing cards light up. That adds such a cool technical effect.
    Chibitronics is definitely on my wish list to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely adore this card! Oh my, what a fun way to use this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You've "cooked up" a "feast of fun" with this design!! I love the way you used the new light element!! Your little chef is very lucky to have such a delightful kitchen in which to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I said it on Instagram and I'll say it again here, Kelly, *YOU* are a rock star!! I'm not sure that I've seen one of these cards that I've loved as much as yours. So dang creative!! I just love how your mind works to get all of this happening. So phenomenal. BRAVISSIMO!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  41. Why only light up one thing when you could light up three? LOVE that the stove top and the aroma/smoke lines are lit too!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly