Wednesday, December 31, 2014

CFS Release: Mwah

Big Happy New Year wishes to you all! I've sure missed everyone in blogland over the holidays. Hope you had some wonderful times with family and friends!



 

What better way to start the new year than with some new stamps?! The next three days we'll feature new Valentine and love-themed sets from CAS-ual Fridays.


This project uses every single stamp in the new "Mwah" set (obviously I just couldn't decide which ones to use!) I was going for the subway art style, mixing text and objects, as well as different fonts. Really love how it turned out, and am considering leaving this up after Valentine's Day.


 I left the glass off the frame so I could pop up the stamped panel on two layers of chipboard. The background paper is from Crate Paper. I think the pattern works well since there isn't any white in the design, so the white panel completely stands out.


I know most people like seeing cards, so here's what it would look like as a traditional card. 


You can laugh at me, but I almost always stamp everything ahead of time on a quarter sheet of copy paper. I have to know if it's going to work or not, right?! So for a different project, I folded this quarter sheet in half and cut out a heart to use for a template. When I was cleaning up my desk, I threw this and some other scraps away. The next day I saw it in my garbage on top of some solid red paper and thought it would make a pretty decent card as it was. Indeed! Sometimes you can't think too much about it : )

[PS. since it's on copy paper I'd probably only give this to my kids, but one day I may stamp it again on "real" paper]


I'm SO in love with the large script font in this set! It mixes so well with other heavy, solid fonts. And, it's large enough to stand on its own. Here it's just been stamped across the flap of an envelope. So easy, but I can totally see myself doing this on all the cards I send.

The glitter heart is from a set that's debuting tomorrow, so please come back to check it out if you're in the area!

You're not going to want to miss checking out the other Ink Squad girls:


Thanks for looking!
-Kelly


13 comments:

  1. These are all fantastic Kelly!! Love the last polka dot envelope with that terrific font and glittery heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kelly, these are amazing creations! I love how fun this is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kelly. Love that frame. What a beauty. Love the sets. I love how you used one on the back of the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how am I NOT going to get that set? It has my name written all over it with that big MWAH, especially on the envelope flap where I put my big lips! Your cards are such a delight, Kelly! I especially loved the trash can card, lol!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the way you have showcased these stamps. Awesome!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the framed look of the sentiments :) and how u used it to seal the envelope ! Awesome as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the framed panel -- Between the font and the antiqued frame - awesome project

    ReplyDelete
  8. That frame is so cool! Love the piece you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fun mix of fonts! I specially like your framed subway art. Awesome job as usual! Have a wonderful and blessed New Year. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always leave me somewhat speechless, Kelly!...LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your subway panel, Kelly. And that font is terrific! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all fabulous, but your subway art stole my heart. It looks gorgeous in that frame.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly