Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fusion Challenge: Felt + Gold = Happiness

 



If you were ever on the fence about joining the Fusion Challenge, now would be the time to jump in. How awesome is this inspiration photo?!? I seriously want to print it out and hang it in my bedroom! The colors, the FELT, the weathered woodgrain, oh my!!


I chose to go with the felt as inspiration. Since I'm not a huge flower-maker, I picked up the Papertrey fox from Hello, Foxy. The color balance is opposite from the photo, where I have a lot of yellow (mustard here) and a tiny amount of beige. The sentiment is an eggplant color from Memento (elderberry) which is a nice break from black. LOVE the sentiments you can create from the new winnie & walter's The Big, The Bad and The Happy (which, as maria f. pointed out, SOLD OUT on the very first day ... how awesome is that?!) Having the smaller typewriter font embossed in gold lets me put it on top of the larger happy sentiment to tie it all in. Also like mixing stamp manufacturers on cards when I can.


 Check out the contrast between the soft, fuzzy, felt fox and the clean, crisp, shiny, embossed sentiment. I was excited : )

I went over the stamped lines with a felt-tip marker to darken them up a little. Love using good quality felt. It's a little thicker and the fibers are much more dense.


The stars are stamped with Fresh Ink Slate, and winnie & walter Scenery: Big Band Confetti stars. The paper is AWESOME ... We R Memory Keepers Yuletide. One side is the green woodgrain, the other side is a misty forest. It's part of a Christmas line, but I see myself using this All. Year. Long. I cut a piece along the woodgrain and popped it up on mat board to give this foxy fella a place to sit.


This is the card before I decided to darken the first layer of green woodgain. Now I'm wondering if I should have left the first layer alone. Hmmm... 

Now it's your turn to play!

How to play:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Our Rules Page before playing along.

Check out the Fusion Challenge page for a large range of inspiration from our awesome Design Team.

WinnersWill be chosen by all of our teammates in two weeks! We each will choose one favorite. The winners will be announced at 4am (PST) in two weeks!! Please check the linky for the days left to play with us!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

29 comments:

  1. okay, this is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got stars, so it's evening, so there are deep shadows, so darkened is good ;) Great PP. And that sentiment set is THE best. Sold out. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! The woodgrain is fantastic and loving the felt and the gold embossing, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all went floral and you took a different tact again, I love the way your mind works! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful felt fox Kelly! And how perfect is that two sided paper - forest and woodgrain.... love the gold embossed sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE what you've done with the fox, so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...Kelly!!! This is way too CUTE!!! AWESOME you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many components came together to make this wonderful card, Kelly. The darker green is perfect. It gives dimension to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little felt fox has captured my heart completely. He's adorable! Your whole composition is wonderful, from the woodgrain "hills," to the gold embossed sentiment. Great card Kelly. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has got to be the most creative interpretation of that inspiration photo. I love your dear felt fox. And, the gold embossing on the sentiment is just divine. Love how the sentiments can overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fuzzy fox Kelly, fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest little fox...EVER! Love him done in felt and I am so glad you showed that close-up of the gold embossing...so pretty and adds just a touch of elegance to the cute little fox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the play of textures on ur card from stamps to felt to embossing, so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fox on felt! Such a cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cool card, Lyndal! I love everything about it...EVERYTHING!;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Kelly...forgive me...and know that it's 12:22 AM. Thought I clicked on Lyndal's name!!! Maybe I should just go to bed now?!?! (I did for a moment think...'I didn't realize Lyndal was on the W and W team...hmmm...) Sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh...I love the sweet little scene you created with your card Kelly. Adorable! And...you mantel on your next post is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way you layered the fox in felt! I have this set and need to take it out. Love the hills too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your felty fox and I feel like petting him! So cute! And I may be the lucky last person to get my hands on that W&W sentiment set!! Yes, ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love with this card, Kelly! So adorable and the use of the layers of felt with the fox is inspired (I will have to try it out as I have that cutie at home) and thanks for the heads up about that paper-woodgrain and misty forest oh my. Foxtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable, Kelly ... love how you created that sweet felt fox ... and what a fabulous scene you've set him into! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really fabulous on so many levels. I love the stars in the trees. Such a cool touch. And that furry fox is beautifully done. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card, I love your adorable felt fox.

    ReplyDelete
  24. He's adorable in felt and I love the layered sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW - you put a lot of work into your pretty creation Kelly!

    It turned out beautiful. Who can resist a cute fox I ask you?

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE, LOVE your embossing, layering & that FABULOUS FUSION FELT FOX :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. great looking card and wonderful idea with that felt fox - the winning touch for me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card Kelly, the fox is really sweet. It encouraged me to enter. Cx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly