Friday, November 16, 2012

Winter Snowflake Card


Here's a winter snowflake card from the Winter issue of Inspired by Family Magazine. If you check out the e-zine, you'll find 84 pages of recipes, crafts, gift ideas, home decor, holiday party ideas, and more. One neat idea from this issue is to use dollar bills to make a band around your solid-color, wrapped present (like a wide ribbon). Totally unexpected, and perfect for a kid!


Anyway, back to the card. Not much ends up in the garbage around here. All my odds and ends from prior card projects go in a shoe box lid (not a box, the sides can't be too tall otherwise I would fill it). I dig through it when I need something even if I don't know what I'm looking for.


That was the case with this card. Even though it has lots of layers, it came together in minutes as I grabbed several things from my scrap pile. I found a felt snowflake die cut and some flowers, die cut another snowflake out of cork, and added a sparkly brad in the center. The ends of the flower petals are colored blue to match the card base. A really quick handmade card.

Playing with CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use blue, and the Moxie Fab challenge to use cork.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

Supplies used: 
stamps:  Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites 
dies: Papertrey Ink Snowflake, Bloom Builders 
other: paper flower, cork, felt, gem brad, gems

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly. I do the exact same thing with the box lid. Thinking of you and your family, I know its too early to mend but keeping you in my prayers.
    Love your beautiful snowflake card . Every year I say I am going to buy that die… I love it! Great way to use the cork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I just love your creative mind works!! Totally gorgeous! Love love the use of cork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the texture here Kelly! I seriously need to get this snowflake die set~ just love it! Fabby card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your big win over at CAS Fridays !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kelly. I saw your win at CASual Fridays and read your touching post. I know a Congrats is in order. However, I'm sure it's bittersweet and difficult right now. Thank you for sharing your heart~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cork snowflake is brilliant Kelly! What a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the layers and that cork snowflake is thee best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it was a super quick card but it's stunning nonetheless, Kelly! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your cork snowflake is awesome, Kelly! Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful...love that snowflake, just so original and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layering on this card, Kelly! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous snowflake, love the texture from the felt and cork. Congrats on you Moxie Fab win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty! I love the diecut snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, Kelly!! LOVE that you use your scraps...I have little boxes filled with die cuts and such...and LOVE what you made with them!! The cork is so unexpected, but so wonderful!! So glad you were a part of this two week challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Kelly. I am so inspired to dig through my "my little orphans", although I don't expect that I would find anything that could come together like this dynamite card! Congratulations on the Moxie Fab recognition-it certainly is moxie fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! I LOVE what you've done with these snowflakes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly