Thursday, November 1, 2012

More Papertrey Striped Sweater Stamping



 Yep, I still haven't put down the PTI Striped Sweater background stamp. So many uses for this one!
 

I was anxious to cut one of the stitches off the stamp so I could stamp a design, instead of coloring the stitches in with a marker (thanks again for the idea, Tracey!!) I'm really pleased with how it works! I left a large piece of the corner on the single stitch stamp so it wouldn't fall off the acrylic block.
 

I sketched and cut out the sweater from kraft paper.


Here's another sweater card. I masked the sentiment stamp to fit the outline of the sweater. Inspiration is from two of the Moxie Fab challenges: using stitching (a satin stitch with textured yarn), and this rich inspiration photo from the Tuesday Trigger:


Thanks for looking!


PS. Hope everyone had a great Halloween last night!


My older son wore a Steve costume from the Minecraft game (we SQUARE PUNCHED that sword together ... I told him he better guard that thing with his life and not let anyone swing it around!)


My younger son was a skeleton last weekend, but changed his mind to be a knight for Halloween. Fun times!


Supplies used: 
stamps:  Papertrey Ink Striped Sweater Background, Papertrey Ink Snowflake Flurries
impression plates:  Papertrey Ink Stripes
other:  yarn

24 comments:

  1. Kelly - WOW! Both of these sweaters are fantastic! Talk about precision stamping! I would have been sweating as I placed that last 'stitch' on! lol! My daughter also had a last minute change in costume, since no one in school knew who Jareth the Goblin King (David Bowie, in Labrynth) was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--first of all--you are so brave to cut your stamp, but look at what you were able to do with it. Your cards are both terrific--I can't wait to break out my sweater stamp. And, how fun to see pictures of your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rocking with this PTI stamp!! Absolutely creative! LOVE that sweater! And your Halloween display and creative outfit are a treat to see, Kelly! It was a slow night here last night--wet and rainy! TONS of Halloween candy left over--not good for my bulging tummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so cute! Love how you've created those fun and cozy looking sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously you did it Kelly! You are rocking this stamp so much, this sweater is brilliant--clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swearter is adorable...love the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the halloween pictures...and wow your cards are so adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally in awe of your BB: Striped Sweater cards!!!! Amazingly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you've done here Kelly! I haven't inked up this BB yet, but it is sitting on my desk. I never would have thought to cut off one "stitch"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sweater cards, they are totally awesome!!!! Your Halloween looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You are rocking that new set! PTI may need to pay you a commission! Or recruit you! So glad you entered it into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZERS Kelly these are FAB U LOUS!!! And the Halloween pics are priceless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. NEEEEEED knitted sweater :( I love how you made the heart. I would dare cut my stamps... I'm just so paranoid about separating my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo cool!! I love your sweaters!! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays for our first big CAS-ual Fridays Stamps release week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gersh! Those sweaters are beyond adorable! (Thanks for the tip about cutting off one of the stitches) So creatively cozy:)

    BTW, you know I have boys because I totally recognized that Minecraft stuff right away;) Both of your boys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love that kraft sweater - what a creative idea. Your son's Minecraft costume is amazing. I have no clue what it is, but it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly - Love the cards! Those sweaters are precious! I might have to break down and get this stamp set! You are the queen of creative with it I think! Just fantastic projects!!!!

    My son loves minecraft! We thought about making a sword and steve head too but we were down with the flu before Halloween and he ended up not even trick or treating that night. Instead he enjoyed handing out candy to all of his friends instead. Thanks for sharing your fun photos! It looks like your boys had fun!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. And you CONTINUE to rock the PTI sweater stuff! Love the card with the heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Kelly~awesome cards! Your kiddos are darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your Trigger win! Cute pix, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your trigger win - you're really on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These two cards are so adorable!! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly