Monday, November 26, 2012

Snowflake Christmas Card


Cutting apart die cuts is the theme of this week's Make It Monday ... another great way to get more mileage out of the stuff we already have. This card came together in minutes. 

 
The larger side of the Mehndi Medallion impression plate ends up being the perfect size to make a symmetrical impression on the snowflake. Washi tape helps make sure the snowflake stays in the center while running through the die cutter.

 (the text on the back of the snowflake gives me up. an old friend gave me all her wedding invitations that were printed incorrectly ... it's such thick and textured paper that I use it all the time!)

This was such a quick and easy card that I've got a few other ideas which I may post tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

Supplies used: 
stamps:  Papertrey Think Big Favorites
impression plates: Papertrey Mehndi Medallion
dies:  Papertrey Snowflake
other:  [very old] white embossing powder


UndertheTableandDreaming

24 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fabulous idea. I love how you impressed the snowflake, and love how you put your sentiment right in the middle. Looking forward to seeing your other ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! this came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning - love the white on dark! Impressing the snowflake adds terrific texture - not surprised to see it highlighted on FB. Had to laugh at your paper source - I did notice the text and have been know to use scraps with something on the back, so didn't think anything of it, but what a great source of quality paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple, elegant, and stunning! Well done. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PTI just loves you! saw you on FB! way to go! love the simple elegance of this card

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO talented AND famous....I can't escape from your awesomeness from PTI Facebook! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks totally professional done. Can't wait to see more! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Would be perfect for mass production :-) The impression looks so nice and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Beautiful impression on the snowflake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kelly,
    1st of all thanks so much for your lovely comments. My husband is feeling better and is back to work again. He just needs to be careful that he doesn´t eat anything too hot or sour but hats ok for us :o)
    I just love your card. Somethimes I don´t get the most simple things myself and am just greatful that someone else does so thanks for sharing. What an awesome Idea to cut the snowflake in half. Fantastic
    Have a great day
    Tascha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful card - love the idea of embossing the snowflake for texture and splitting it to make room for your sentiment! Thanks so much for all the kind comments you left me yesterday - I always feel good when someone I admire as much as I admire you likes my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keely, I've just discovered your beautiful blog and I'm in love with your style!
    So happy i "found" you!!
    Greetings from Chicago~

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning card, Kel! Love snowflakes!!! And the impression! And the font you used! :-D Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card - love the embossing on the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the embossed snowflake, Kelly! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing which impression plate you used to get such a gorgeous design on the snowflake. This card comes together so well. It is bold yet elegant at the same time. Great shade of green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, your card is beautiful! I love the embossing detail on your snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...just so beautiful and I love what you did with your snowflake...so clever and very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly