Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winnie and Walter The Write Stuff: Love Story



Here's an interactive Valentine's Day card where you can hide your special messages under cover. 

This cute ticket stamp (notice the tiny heart negative space?) was stamped on white cardstock, and then again on the red Studio Calico Sundrifter patterned paper. I picked a busy patterned paper that would partially obscure the "love note" sentiment to add to the secretive nature of this card. Here's a case where double sided paper is an asset ... you can see it when you lift the flaps! Again, this sentiment and the others in this set are just the perfect size.



I like how the flaps add dimension to the card, yet it can fit in an envelope just fine. The kraft patterned paper is AC Amy Tangerine Yes Please, and the wide stripes lining the inside are AC Lucky Charm.


Much as I love cute and sweet valentines, the reality is that I never send them with 3 males in the house. So I'm always looking for good, masculine Valentine's Day cards. Here's one using trendy arrows. These actually have the cutest open heart on the end, but like I said, I needed to stay away from cute on this one. So just don't ink it, and it will be there for you when you do need it (see the next project). The solid heart is actually from a different arrow where I only inked the heart on the end and NOT the arrow.

I've seen this alternating arrows design on t-shirts and thought it would be perfect for a card. Can the sentiment be any more perfect?! Love the message and the size! It's all you need on this card. The patterned paper lining the inside is Studio Calico Sundrifter. It totally mimics the alternating arrow pattern from the front.


My final card is my attempt to force myself back into scrapbooking, by combining it with card-making! You see, this is actually the inside of my husband's valentine (the gradient-stamped love card from earlier). It doubles as a journaling block. After he gets the valentine filled with the top 5 reasons I love him, I can remove it from the inside of the card and put it on 12 x 12 paper with a photo of him and an embellishment or two. Done. That's my plan, anyway : )

All the images here are from this set. The cute heart arrow, the "why I love you let me count the ways" sentiment, the top 5, the lined heart, the tiny numbers that oh-so-perfectly fit between the lines, and the heart.


Finally, I wanted to show you just how detailed-oriented Julie and Shay from winnie & walter are. Take a look at the padded envelope all tricked out with their digital files for the return address and the address, and the stamped snail mail sentiment. How cute is that?! And they sent a Happy Hello card to kick things off. So darn sweet. I predict great things for this new company! Please stop by their shop tomorrow (January 15th), check out the stamps and coordinating cut files, and drop the ones you must have in your cart.

Be sure to check out the amazing projects from the Talent:

Heather Pulvirenti | Joni Andaya | Vanessa Menhorn | Suzanne Dahlberg
 
Don't forget to comment-to-win a guest designer spot along with the entire second release by today. Guest designing not your thing? Then comment-to-win here for the the entire first release. Winners are announced tomorrow as well! 
  
Thanks for looking!
-Kelly


9 comments:

  1. Kelly, these cards rock! Not only are they perfect for guys but I know a lot of ladies who would prefer clean, crisp cards like these to a frilly, lacy one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects Kelly~each and every one! I love the interactiveness and movement~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are superb, Kelly! I love the thought and care you put into crafting each one. I think that really is apparent in all you do. We can't thank you enough for you simply being you! And also thanks for the sweet comments on the packaging of your samples...it was fun to come up with new ways to use our printables for labeling (combining two loves there).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interactive valentine card...and the quiver card is simply amazing...love the way you did them!!! Awesome cards, Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so enjoying your Winnie and Walter cards, Kelly ... your imagination and creativity plus their wonderful stamps is such a winning combination! They're all stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - I love everything here! The interactive is so fun and I love that you are going to add the inside of the card to a scrapbook page later. I am so taken with the quiver card in black and grey with an accent of white text and red sparkle - *sigh* so great!!!! Thanks so much Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FANTASTIC creations! Love each one Kelly! I love the way you did with the ticket image that you made flaps for it...so FUN! You are so Awesome with interactive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards!! that tag note thing is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very sweet! Love the little note pads!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly