Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fusion Challenge - Stenciled Design on Ribbon

 

You're gonna need your magnifying glasses to see the photo inspiration for this one ... check out the rug. It looks like a sisal rug with a stenciled design painted on top. That's what I wanted to mimic, so I stenciled a design on some natural fiber ribbon for my card. Also grabbed the white and orange from the photo, and the general layout from the sketch for a fusion of the two.


The stencil is made from thin plastic wrap I saved from around a bouquet of flowers my husband gave me. The die is the Leafy Branch Die from Top Dog Dies. You'll notice I didn't paint around the upper right branch, only because I was too lazy to position the two orphaned pieces that are not connected to the outline of the design. I think it looks just as good. I would definitely consider doing this for a special present wrapping. It went fairly quickly.


 My favorite alpha dies (Highrise Alpha Uppercase from MFT) are going down the middle like the three circles in the sketch, ending in a tiny "you are awesome" sentiment on the tab. A silver barn star and PTI sunshine impression plate rounds out the card.

I'm so excited for this first Fusion Challenge with the new team of wonderfully talented ladies, and all of their inspiring projects! I sure hope they inspire you to play along. As a reminder, here are the guidelines on the challenge:

1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Our Rules Page before playing along.

Here are some fabulous cards by our design team showing you how it works!


WinnersWill be chosen by all of our teammates in two weeks. We each will choose one favorite! The winners will be announced at 4am (PST) in two weeks!! Please check the linky for the days left to play with us 


Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous stenciled ribbon design Kelly! a perfect match for the rug - love your silver star and bold letters against that wonderful embossed white panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love the most about this is that it is a literal fusion. I mean, I know that's the point, but you really did everything with fusion in mind here! Like the paint fusing with the fabric. And the fabric meeting paper, and the use of the plastic wrap to make the stencil. Then all the adhesive for the fabric, the letters and the card. Everything is so seamless, and, well, fused! Okay I'm running out on this analogy now. This card is awesome. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stenciling is gorgeous! Love the paint on the burlap, great textures here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely...totally...CREATIVE! Love the stenciling and I am going to be trying this myself one day very soon! Great interpretation of the sketch and inspiration photo...good eyes, seeing the pattern on the rug! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always always inspire me :) love ur creations and this is no exception

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABulous stencilling Kelly :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the texture from the embossing and burlap. Fabulous Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Kelly, I love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who but you would look at that photo and see the rug? ;) The stenciling turned out great and the hello headboard is perfect. Oh, and then there is that signature barn star. Fusion at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea Kelly, your stenciling looks great!! I like the little tab at the bottom too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool stencil design ... and I love the sentiment tucked in at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay, can I case this? I have some of that wide linen-y stuff and LOVE this idea. Your card is wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative! I love that you stepped outside the shape and went with a word! The texture and design is perfect and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card, and brilliant technique. I love how your sentiment is in two parts--huge and tiny, and of course your stenciled ribbon looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Kelly, I love the colours and that awesome burlap ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You ARE AMAZING!
    I have said it before and will say it again and again and again and...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool card! I love the stencil painted burlap - that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly