Wednesday, January 8, 2014

CFS: Cupid's Arrows and Heart Board Fri-Die


The final set to be released this month for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps is Cupid's Arrows with a coordinating Heart Board Fri-Die. As well as a fun heart shape, there are several different word arrows in this set. This card was quick to create, but I like how it ended up. One of the word arrows makes its target, but the rest of them fell short. The fallen arrows are made by masking the heart, inking two sides of a word arrow, and connecting the line in the middle with a marker.




Here are the graduated heart dies making a bouquet. They're backed with American Crafts Pow! Glitter Paper. The wire is wrapped with washi tape at the end. The sentiment is a word arrow, just without the arrow part inked up. The patterned paper is Crate Paper.
 

This one was fun to make! It uses a birch paper straw as the shaft of an arrow. The graduated hearts are slipped through a slit cut in the end of the arrow. The smallest three hearts are scored down the middle and used on the tip as an arrowhead. You can definitely use this arrow as a decoration by itself, but I adhered it to a long card base.

 
For the sentiment I tried my hand at painting. Just mix the paint right on your acrylic block. It was tricky though. It took a couple tries before I got the right amount of pressure and the right consistency of paint. A stiffer brush would have been more helpful.


 Here's an example of making lemonade out of lemons. This was the original front of the card where I adhered the arrow just above the sentiment. But it looked a little busy to me. Instead of tossing it in the scrap pile, I folded the card in the opposite direction and now it's the inside of the card.
 



This is my absolute favorite! The two large glitter heart dies are interlocked with each other.

Interesting, you say, but why?


Because they serve as a clasp! It's a belly band around a set of note cards. The narrow bottom of the hearts are glued to the paper and the tops are left loose so they can interlock with each other and hold the band closed. This would also be a fun idea to use for a gatefold card.

More inspiration waits for you with the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team:

 Dana

Also, be sure to comment at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps ... one lucky winner will receive the ENTIRE release (stamps and dies!!) Tomorrow the three stamp sets and two dies will go on sale. Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

21 comments:

  1. Holy smokes Kelly these are all so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I'm ALWAYS so inspired by your work!
    I almost picked up a box of the birch straws at TJ Maxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Where to start? These are all amazing and creative and beautiful. I can see why the last one is your favorite, but the others are also works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT ideas, Kelly! I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Kelly! I couldn't pick a favorite today! All of them are so cleverly awesome! TFS (I'm borrowing your idea of the interlocked hearts)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius! These are all fantastic, not only innovative and clever ways to use the dies, but your paper choices/delivery are gorgeous! I think my favorite is the arrow, but it is really hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do CFS proud! I thought you were going to say you put washi tape over your first attempt at painting on the arrow card ;) I know how hard it is to get the right consistency and pressure. The interlocking hearts are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good heavens you are one creative person! I love every one of your cards and your double heart closure was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, Kelly ... these are all works of genius ... inspiring, utterly unique and soooo creative! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wohooo how inspiring every single card is... I love the idea of missing the target on the first card a lot :) brilliant in fact !! and then ur brilliance never stops at one, you went on and on to this interlocking heart... now how cool is that!! mind blowing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cards....esp love the first one!.....and ingenious projects.....LOVE the heart clasp!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The clunk you heard from slightly north of you, was my jaw hitting the desk. These are all fantastically wonderful. Love the first one with it's off-target arrows, and the heart clasp is plain brilliant. Love visiting your blog and seeing your wonderful creations. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZERS Kelly these are all marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...all of your cards are just over the top amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all gorgeous!!! Love that birch straw arrow!
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your straw arrow & interlocking hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Awesome Kelly!!! Really love the belly bands with interlocking hearts! Genuis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As I was scrolling down through your amazing projects, I kept muttering wow...wow! Everything is so beautiful and creative! Love the design concept behind the first one, as well as how you inked up the hearts. The colors and design in the balloon card is rich and elegant, I know you mentioned a bouquet, but to me it looks like helium balloons! The arrow in so awesome! Birch paper straw? awesome! and I love how your xo's match the straw pattern :) Oh and now we come to the star of the show! The gorgeous glitter hearts that make a clasp!!! Oh my oh me...your creativity is mind blowing! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You sure made great use of what you didn't like at first. Love the way the hearts open. Your birch arrow is amazing. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...all of your cards are just over the top amazing. I have benefited a lot from reading your blog. I was looking for a full guideline and here I got it. I hope this article has made your day by providing valuable information. Have a nice day!

    In the beginning, every hunter starts; it’s a journey as a target shooter. The main weapon for hunting is that they use bows and arrows , and for training, most Hunters use a crossbow.

    This article mentioned basic and necessary statistics about all the different parts of the crossbow. If we talk about a broad spectrum that creators of crossbow do not provide arrow with a crossbow and as a hunter,

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly