Monday, January 6, 2014

CFS: Love Notes and Heart Note Fri-Die


It's a total love affair with this month's CAS-ual Fridays Stamps release! Can't wait to show you all the stamps and dies over the next three days. The first set is Love Notes with a coordinating Heart Note Fri-Die. That black note on this set of note cards is actually a DIE! Crazy, right?! I love how thin and delicate it is. My criteria for buying dies is usually that it's something I can't replicate easily with scissors. So rectangle shapes, simple fussy cuttings of images, I don't tend to buy. This note I would never be able to cut with scissors. No way.

The set of "note" cards came together quickly. I swiped the bottoms with Versamark and embossed in gold. Stamped the sentiment, glued the die and adhered that fun patterned paper from Crate Paper on the inside. The colored paper is a new purchase from We R Memory Keepers at my local discount store (12 sheets for $1)!


The stamped staff of sheet music comes straight, but you can certainly bend it to get some more movement. I colored between the lines with markers and added a few more notes trailing off the card where the staff ends. The staff is also stamped in black on the card base so you can see the rest of the treble clef, and the notes above and below the staff.


Because I fussy-cut the staff, I took this opportunity to give it a little dimension and curved it outwards. I think it comes more alive this way.

Patterned paper inside is We R Memory Keepers Crazy for You.


Here the staffs are straight and stamped multiple times in silver. This set comes with a single note stamp so you can customize your music ... perfect for adding "just a note" in red. Hahaha : ) You could make a set of these quickly by just stamping one staff of music with a single note and sentiment in red.


More inspiration waits for you with the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team:

 Dana

Thanks for looking, and I hope you can check back tomorrow! Be sure to comment at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps ... one lucky winner will receive the ENTIRE release (stamps and dies!!)
-Kelly

20 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these, Kelly! What a great stamp set and matching die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so adorable. I did not think I needed hearts and music, until I stopped by here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Joyce. This is not something I would normally buy but I can imagine many uses after seeing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...! love the note die and the first set of cards Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects, especially loving that first set of cards with the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I am in love with these new stamps too! Love your notecards! I don't need any more stamps but I do need these :) I am going to have to stay away from your blog……uggg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely cards Kelly, the note die is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet cards... Love the just a note in red... perfect for multiples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are simply amazing, Kelly ... love that note card set ... what a wonderful die! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all. Love. It. All. The set of notecards - perfect!! The curved stamp - inspired!! The finale - a perfect crescendo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yum, Kelly, these are the BEST musical cards!!! I have so many of these or similar images and really appreciate the inspiration in this post!! Hope you have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly, you've noted these out of the park. I love what you've created and how you've added the paper inside as well. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE all of your projects! I especially love that set of note cards!! Sending you warm hugs! I am glad to be back in my own comfy home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all amazing Kelly, but I am smitten with the first set of notecards!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such beautiful and creative cards! I specially love the first set, the gold embossed edge is such a cool detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you showcased this set and die,my favorite is the second card, with several musicians in my family this one is a must have for me. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've made such lovely cards with this release, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So how could someone with a blog named "Notable Nest" NOT have fun with these notes???!!!!???? Unthinkable! Oh....not THAT kind of note??? Oh, well. These were right up your piece of music, for sure.

    Love each of your projects. How can I choose a fave? Really love the You Are The Song In My Heart card. The curved music bar is wonderful.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly