Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fusion: What I Love About Challenges!



Welcome to another fun Fusion Challenge! I've got another Recipe Scrapbook page for my cousin's bridal shower to share. I actually had finished the page, saw the Fusion Challenge photo, and knew what I needed to change on the page. Originally the blue wedding subway art had nothing on it, and it did bother me because it looked kinda plain.

Seeing the shape in the middle of the blue shutter gave me the idea to put a shape on top of the subway art. I like how it breaks up all the words. The tiny bit of gold under the heart, and the gold fabric banner is taken from the gold on the bottom of the photo. This is what I absolutely love about challenges ... they push you to come up with things you really wouldn't have on your own!


To repeat the white from the heart shape, I outlined the subway art shapes with a white gel pen. Small detail, but it adds a little more interest.

Banner die is Top Dog Dies Banner Pennant Die, heart die is Top Dog Dies Diaper Card Finishers Set, kisses sentiment is Winnie & Walter You've Got Love Mail, and subway art is Fresh Squeezed Stamps Subway Series: Occasions.

Here are some fabulous cards by our design team!


WinnersWill be chosen by all of our teammates, each choosing one favorite. The winners will be announced at 4 am (PST) in two weeks!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

8 comments:

  1. what a great page for your cousin - she looks so TOTALLY happy in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page Kelly! Your subway art panel is fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Kelly and your cousin is such a pretty bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, what a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun...love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful! I love the idea too!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly