Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge


Legos are huge in our house (more specifically, our basement) and we usually end up giving them as birthday presents to our sons' friends. With the Papertrey Blog Hop coming up at the same time as we are giving a very dear 9-year-old boy his Lego birthday present, I thought it would be a good opportunity to spend a little more time than usual on the wrapping.
 

  On accident, a paper I embossed with dots was lying next to the wrapped present ... perfect Lego pattern! So I changed direction (the band and die cut dots were originally going to be felt, as suggested in the challenge) and used the embossed paper as a band around the two presents.

The "happy birthday" message is secured by two white paper Legos.


Raiding our box of red Legos, I came up with enough flat bricks to fashion into a "C" for birthday boy Connor. Just in case, I ran this by the head Lego manager (my husband) to make sure I wasn't giving away hard to find bricks. He wanted to know why I didn't pick a more common color like black or gray to use. "Well those colors don't go with the present," I responded. Priorities! 

I'm hoping the birthday boy will be surprised to see real Legos on top of his present.


Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

Supplies used: 
stamps:  PTI outlines alphabets, PTI think big favorites
impression plates: Cuttlebug dots
dies:  PTI circles
other:  Spectrum Noir markers, Legos

29 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! Wow! Connor is going to just LOVE this! Can't wait to hear about your glass blowing - it sounds hot but cool! LOL! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous, Kelly! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO original - and perfect for a boy who loves lego

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. As soon as I saw the image, even before reading your post, I knew you had made legos. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the birthday boy will make a good guess about the contents of his present!! Great idea for a child's gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see his eyes lighting up the moment he catches sight of that cool package!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely package. Great idea to use the embossed dots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you wrapped his present according to the theme of Legos. You did a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw...you and I do/will get along, Kelly! Years ago, I made Lego invitations for my son's birthday party. We have a basement-full of Lego! Yours bring back my fond memories. Your gift-wrapping is absolutely original and special. I know your little guy is going to remember this for a long long time! A belated happy birthday to Connor!What a great Mama you are! You can see my basement Legos here: http://virginialusblog.blogspot.ca/2009/10/hero-sistas-are-finally-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Kelly-Fabulous! I adore everything you do! What a perfect way to give this little guy a special gift. He will remember who gave him this one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute wrapping for a lego gift! You are always so creative! I love your sentiment with the mixture of fonts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever, love all of the dots and cute color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun right down to the monogram! So, so creative!!

    My boys are 13 now and we still have a basement full of legos:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable idea, love the creativity! xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Kelly, and love your story. Way to set hubby straight! ;) Connor is going to love this package wrapped with love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how the paper looks like lego's!! Super idea, we loved lego's too, now my boys are 24 and 21 not so much into lego's anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is too perfect to open - love that the wrapping matches the contents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my cuteness! How creative! Even if you didn't do the Legos look, I'm all over those red circles on the kraft wrapping, that's just so cute in and of itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That wrap pops so beautifully - love the Lego letter - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you took your inspiration from Legos! Perfect packaging for a little boy's gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this! SO SO CUTE!! What a GREAT idea! I bet he loved it!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, this is just too darn cute and just so fun! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A girls gotta have her priorities...this is wonderfully awesomely creative!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Kelly this is a superb idea! Legos are HUGE at our house , we have a room just for Legos and call it the Lego room. You can bet I am going to try and make this band wrap as well. You are so creative! You make me laugh with some of you comments I love them all, and would never think you to be nutty….. smile! I love how you came up with this idea , it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE this creative gift wrapping ~ great idea for a lego lover!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly