Sunday, March 4, 2012

Elephant Baby Card [CFC42 and PDCC121]


The Play Date Cafe color challenge and the CAS-ual Fridays baby card challenge work perfectly together, and inspired me to make this elephant baby card.


I was so thrilled to find this great white fabric at a flea market last month ... for ONE dollar! There are yards of it, and it has the best texture, just like a cozy baby blanket. The ribbon is also vintage, and so super thick and silky. Any chance I get I buy antique or vintage - such great quality materials!


The dangling metal initial will be changed once I know the name of my cousin's baby. For now, it's an "E" for Elephant : )

I changed my mind on the outside of the card, so being resourceful and using what's left on my desk, I put the angel wings heart on the inside for the sentiment.


Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
A Muse Valentine's Elephant Stamp
American Crafts Texture Stamp
PTI Double Ended Banner Die
Letter Stamps
Watercolor Pencils
American Crafts Pink Glitter Polkadot Cardstock
Alphabet Beads
Vintage Fabric
Vintage Ribbon
Buttons

8 comments:

  1. Cute baby card....I was drawn to the cute little elphant and pretty ribbon. :) I also love how you used the "alphabet beads." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so super sweet! Lucky you, finding that fuzzy white fabric. It is absolutely perfect for this baby card. And the ribbon is luscious; I agree that the quality of vintage is superior!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another darling baby card, Kelly! Love your use of these elements! They are a gift in itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the texture that great fabric adds! Sweet and cozy :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, love the texture of that fabric!! Great colors too, so sweet for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. That satin ribbon is perfect with that little guy. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card, full of beautiful textures. Cute baby card. Thanks so much for joining us a CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww. I love this. So sweet with the fabric and baby beads :-)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly