Friday, August 31, 2018

Vintage Cross Stitched Globe - EH Stitched Together



Hi Folks! I've got another card with one of my favorites, the cross stitched globe from Ellen Hutson's United We Florish Stitched Together! Would you believe that I set up all four of the different stamps (for each of the different colors) on my Misti back in May when this was released and I still haven't taken them off?! That's right, I haven't used my Misti in three months! I loved the globe so much I kept thinking I need to make just a few more cards. And experiment with a few more color combinations.


This time I wanted to see how it would look on kraft paper, to get an old-world look (pun intended!) I'm a big fan of white, but I really kind of like how it all looks on the kraft. Especially the brown water portions.


Like a real metallic stand would be, I embossed this stand in gold. Love the warm gold with the browns and rose/pinks.


To echo the roses on the globe I chose the Bed of Roses die to make a mat under the kraft panel. The edges are trimmed to give it a loose feeling. I picked the deep rose color from the rose to use for the sentiment so it would all coordinate. Finally, I used a white gel pen to draw a box around the panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
-Kelly








United We Flourish Stamp & Die Combo, Stitched Together by Waffle Flower

Essentials by Ellen Designer Dies, Bed Of Roses by Julie Ebersole

Catherine Pooler Ink Pad, Rose Petals

Catherine Pooler Ink Pad, It's A Girl

Catherine Pooler Ink Pad, Green Tea

My Sweet Petunia MISTI Laser Etched Stamping Tool (8-1/8 X 10-1/2)

ATG Double-Sided Refill Tape, 2 pk, 1/4"

ATG Kit, Advanced Tape Glider

VersaMark Ink Pad



No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly