Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Winnie & Walter: Copic Organization and Plaid



Hi all! We’ve got a really versatile set today for the Winnie & Walter release … stripes! Oh the possibilities!
  

Winnie & Walter, LLC

Would you believe, up until this Christmas, I owned FIVE Copic markers?! And three of them were about the same shade of red. So, you can imagine how excited I was when my mother-in-law and grandma-in-law bought me my first honest-to-goodness set of Copics!! We went with this suggested list from Jennifer McGuire. 


I love my markers, but hate getting tricked by what color they really are. So I used the dashed line from the stripes set to make a grid. Each square was filled in with colorings from the actual marker. It’s so helpful to see them all together when choosing colors! It’s also a good reminder where to put the markers after I’m done. I probably could have made a grid in Photoshop, but to be honest, it seemed easier to mark the exact lines I wanted and just stamp it.
   

Here’s an example of plaid made with the stripe stamp set. So fun to play with! I love that the panel is one layer and the top remains white, so you really know that the plaid was stamped and that it’s not patterned paper layered on top of white paper. Hey, we’ve got to get credit for things here, right?!
  

   
The sentiment is from the huge mix of words in yesterday’s Big, Bold and Party set. I really love adding a more custom sentiment here instead of "congrats" or "welcome baby." Nothing wrong with those, but it's nice to go with something different. I covered the dot on the “i” with a gold star to match the sentiment.

Stay tuned for the next two days … we’ve got two great party sets coming out that you’re really going to love!

Thanks for stopping by!
-Kelly

21 comments:

  1. Love your copic storage!
    plaid...I love plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! How fun you got this awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww how sweet of ur mom-in-law and grandma-in-law, love how nicely you have stored the Copics. I love the clean look of ur card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice family you have! great gift, and very neat way to use them...leave it to you to come up with something creative ;) and out of the box

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea for your copics, love that you showed a really practical way to use the set and I LOVE the plaid card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, for Copics! :) Love your color sheet. And your card is super sweet! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you stored your new colics. Oh my gosh I love the plaid you made and then gold embossed sentiment...gorgeous Kelly. Sorry you missed out on some beautiful sunny weather when you came to CA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab!! Love the plaid pattern you've created!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the dotted lines and WOW! that is some amazing plaid!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever to create a grid pattern for your new Copic swatch colors! And I LOVE how your plaid turned out--what a great "must have" stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowza Kelly, your plaid stamping is perfection and I love the colors! What a pretty card. Cute storage and color reference for your Copics. Okay...don't laugh....I own one ~ it's a flesh color. I have a great assortment of Tombos and colored pencils. I can't justify buying more markers...yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Kelly. I love the plaid. I must admit that I've never had much luck with markers. In fact, my Copics have gone unused for about a year. Your plaid, however, has left me inspired. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you believe I don't have any Copics? I do love how you organized yours though, Kelly. The plaid is fabulous. The colors are so cheery and the sentiment works well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a clever girl, Kelly, but then I've always said so! Can't wait to see your coloring with the new toys!! And I'm a total sucker for plaid so I'm quite literally drooling over your beautiful angled card with GOLD embossing! Love the star punctuation, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this plaid card! Soft colours and so pretty! And I love your Copic organisation, and Copics! I have very few myself (although I'm working on that) and I have them sitting in a "bucket" on my desk, no organisation at all. I prefer your system (and your colours... more to add to my wishlist...). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your first official set of Copics...how fun for you! And your plaid is just so pretty. Love the soft sweet colors and your embossed gold wish, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the copic world. I don't own a lot, but it's enough to help me to "get by"...I adore your plaid card! The gold embossing is just the perfect touch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. copic organization=brilliant....plaid stamping=hello?amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous plaid, Kelly, especially with that gorgeous gold sentiment ... and oh my, the rainbow of Copic colours ... sigh ... blissful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly