Monday, November 11, 2013

Butterbows - Dedicated to Samuel Scott Courtney


ETA: This post is dedicated to our nephew Samuel Scott Courtney who was taken from us on this day last year. He would have been 12 and just finishing another football season. I sure hope there are pretty rainbows coming for Sam's family, because they certainly have gone through the worst storm ever this year. It wasn't until this morning that I realized my stormy cards were scheduled to post on Sam's anniversary. So very fitting.



Sam's brother Ryan at his grave on Valentine's Day this year.




Release time at CAS-ual Fridays, with three fun sets to show you this week! First up is a rainbows and butterflies set, which turned out quite stormy for me. I guess rainbows don't always have to be for happy occasions!


The rainbow is stamped & embossed several times on different colors, cut with a circle die, then layered. The bubble label die serves as a cloud, and a place to continue the sentiment. The stormy part of the sentiment used to be on a strip, but I liked it better cut up and scattered. Kinda stormy-like : ) A white outline helps tie it in.

The Studio Calico paper on the inside happens to go with the rainbow.


Same die, but a storm cloud this time. The Memento tear drop ink pads make it easier to ink the different colors on the rainbow. American Crafts umbrella patterned paper on the inside.
  
More inspiration waits for you at the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team. Stay tuned for the next set tomorrow!

 Dana

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly


16 comments:

  1. Love your cards...this new set is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great inspiration, Kelly ... love how you co-ordinate your inside DP with the outside! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific Kelly, love both designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I can't pick a fave cause they're both soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful cards Kelly, thinking of you and your family today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, may you and all of Sam's family find comfort in the peace and love of God. My cousin Bruce will help him around in heaven...he was 12. I can imagine lots of rainbows without the storms in heaven; enough to delight all the children there. Beautiful cards. Blessings to you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love and prayers to you and Sam's family, Kelly. Your cards are beautiful, and perfect to remember Sam today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Kelly! Hugs to you & your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly thinking of you and the entire family! Big hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs Kelly - I remember reading Sam's story last year & holding my kids a little tighter. The cousin bond in our family is super tight even though they only see each other once or twice a year & I can't imagine losing one of my nieces or nephews. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely post in memory of Samuel, Kelly. I think of his family often. Your inspirational cards are very timely and very beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping back by Kelly since you've added the dedication to your nephew. I remember your post last year. Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe it's been a year already since that horrible accident . It breaks my heart to see the skateboard and football at the gravesite. I often think about Samuel's family and how they are coping . Still keeping them in my prayers. I know it was hard for you and your family as well.
    Ok, onto these great storm cloud cards. Beautiful CAS ,you even have umbrellas on the inside......perfect!
    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realized it has been a year already...What a great tribute to Sam. Your Buttonbow cards are perfectly fitting! Keeping Sam's family in my thought and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Kelly... May Sam's family be soon blessed with the brightest rainbow ever. Your family is in my thoughts, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a perfect card in remembrance of your nephew. Love how you use your pattern papers.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly