Wednesday, May 29, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARDYTH!!! You ROCK!

Happy Birthday to my AWESOME bloggy friend, Ardyth Percy-Robb!

The details: as some of you may know, another FABULOUS bloggy friend Darnell Knauss has organized a birthday surprise for Ardyth. Several people are posting cards made for Ardyth and linking back to Darnell's blog (what a lovely hostess!) If you would like to join in the fun, please do, and link your "Happy Birthday, Ardyth" card to Darnell's blog.

OK, back to Birthday Business.

Ardyth has such a distinct CAS style, you can spot one of her amazing cards a mile away in a gallery. Especially if it has horses or a piano on it! So naturally I wanted to make a card in her style, and I immediately knew which card I wanted to CASE.

Ardyth's Card
It's this lovely. And I'm so pleased that I was able to find it right away. I remembered it was a Thank You card, so clicked on her Thank You gallery and there it was. Couldn't be easier! 


And here's my CASE. Very similar ... except now looking at it again I realize that the base is a little different, with the circle floating on this one. 

 
Since it is Ardyth's birthday, I must send her good wishes, in addition to letting her know that she rocks. So I tilted the design from the front and added the sentiment down the middle.

While I was on her blog getting links, I saw her birthday post as the host of One Layer Wednesday, where the theme is to make a card that she would like. She goes on to describe her card-making style. I was excited to read how I got it all, except for the very last bit! Here's her description:

"As for design, you know I love cheerful bright colours - YES
 (especially aquas - YES!
and rainbows) - YES!!!
  and clean design with lots of white space. - YEP
 Oh, yeah, and SPARKLE! -Rats, missed this one.

Anyway, please check back with Darnell's blog to see who else is wishing Ardyth a fantastic birthday, or to participate yourself. Ardyth, I hope you feel the love today and get some time to enjoy yourself!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

28 comments:

  1. Perfect Kelly CASE of an Ardyth card! I love the vertical sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Kelly!
    Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly you are a Case perfectionist too :) I love all abt ur card from colors to floating space to the sentiment :)
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card even without sparkle - it's perfectly Ardyth, but very distinctly Kelly, too! What a lovely surprise to have so many beautiful 'presents' to open this morning! Thank you so much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You CASEd Ardyth's card perfectly! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous 'Kelly-ized' case of Ardyth's card! Beautiful, stunning and all-around wonderful!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly wonderful card Kelly. It's definitely Ardyth, and definitely a Kelly card. I love the vertically placed sentiment on the inside--what a sweet surprise! And she loved it! It's no wonder, your card is fantastic! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is wonderful, Kelly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! Modern, graphic, and a little surprise when you open it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome CASE of the amazing Ardyth! Love your creativity and how you always do something unexpected and surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have caught Ardyth's style perfectly! What fab cards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly, you have totally captured Ardyth's unique style with your CASE, adding lots of architectural delights, which she also will adore! (I'm swooning over how you did the inside of this!) Thank you so much for joining in the party fun! Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one card that rocks (just like Ardyth and you)! Love it to bits, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Hello Hello my Friend!
    I've enjoyed reading your post and I love your card!
    When I'm finished catching up on your posts I'm going to head on to Darnell's blog and see what Ardyth is all about (shame on me for not knowing this amazing designer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fact that you slightly changed the design is Ardyth-esque to a tee!!! The floating circle is perfect and I love the vertical space for the sentiment inside too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant CASE, Kelly ... love the stripes inside and that they can be peeked at round the edges of the floating circle! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You rock for making such an Ardyth card for her birthday. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly this is a fantastic card CASEing Ardyth! Love your spin on i.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this card is awesome! Not just the outside, but the inside too! Love your creative touches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a wonderful card--a perfect hybrid of Ardyth's and your own magnificent style. Wow--the two of you are a killer pair.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fantastic! I love that floating circle and the way you've done the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous card - those colors, your treatment of the inside - and yep, oh-so-Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the Moxie Fab shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ardyth beat me to bear the good news about MF shout out....YAY, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card! So glad you got that MF shout out so I didn't miss this. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally love how that circle floats in the middle of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey dudette, up there in the amazing lineup at Moxie Fab. Great for you. This card is totally awesome ya know!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly