Thursday, May 16, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Release: Houndstooth and Zigs & Zags

I am so in love with all the sets from the May CAS-ual Fridays Stamps release, it's a little sad being the last sneak day. But on the other hand, I'm super anxious to share these cards!!

I totally lost it when I first saw the houndstooth. Seriously. I sent a note to Michele right away, so thankful that I'd really get to work with these. This set has large, medium and small houndstooth patterns. So, which to use, which to use? Totally can't decide ...


Alright, we're using all of them. At once! Anyone remember those Magic Eye posters that you stare at and a 3D image is supposed to pop out after several minutes?

Image credit
 
Those never worked for me (and, FYI, the link above is to an article that explains how to do it). Still can't see those darn 3D images! But I do like the idea of having a lot of patterns that make one big pattern. Back to the card above, do you see a yellow-outlined diamond pattern? Kinda cool!


I had to try another version in different colors. Solid, orange diamonds stand out to me on this one. 
 There's also a fabulous Zigs & Zags set, where this last card comes from ... 


It's a border stamp, but you can certainly stamp it repeatedly as a background. I made a mask to sponge the pink on, and then freehanded the yellow above so there were no hard lines on top and it would blend out more. Sewing, silver embossing, enamel dots, and yes, a single quatrefoil from my bag of scraps round out the card.

If you haven't already, head on over to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps to see what the other super-talented designers did with these sets. So much inspiration! And, check back on Friday for the full reveal of all five must-have sets!

Thanks so much for looking!
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Well Miss Queen of Versatility, you have done it again,you have a wonderful imaginative mind, only you would think of all the things to do with just a little thing to play with, thanks for sharing all of your idea, and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you were already crowned Queen of Quatrefoil had to google that:)... I think I like Versatility better so will use that:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often pin big panels of pattern because they're so interesting and beautiful, and then I have no idea how to create them on a card - you've nailed it! Your multi-layered use of the houndstooth is stunning, it both softens and emphasizes the bold pattern. Great bold colours, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards!! So pretty! :) And for some reason I've always been good at those darn pictures! lol And yes! I did see what was in your sample image. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Kelly your three cards are super gorgeous! They are totally you and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am LOVING how you used the houndstooth with the different colors kind of offset, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC Kelly! I really like the first one with the little snippets of bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you did it again! All three are amazing . I like the bit of stitching you did as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such amazing patterns you've created!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all stunning, Kelly ... such brilliant patterns from each of these stamps! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three killer cards! Each one is more amazing than the last. Houndstooth and zigzag--what a fun trend. Love how you've used them here. Oh, and I could never see the images either...Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you worked your magic on these new stamps. All your cards are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. where the heck do you come up with all these crazy awesome ideas? I love that 3D card! gonna pin it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The layered houndstooth patterns are UNREAL! Such a cool effect! As usual, you really blew out the walls on these cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cool stamped designs!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly