Monday, July 9, 2012

Plaid Text [CFC #60, Tuesday Trigger]



 I've got a thing for plaid today. So I made a happy birthday card with a plaid background ... out of text. Happy birthday text. It was pretty quick to set up. I used a 1/4" and 5/8" strip of paper as guides to pencil in the lines, and then stamped on top of them.

My original card was a true One-Layer-Card. Until the last step. Yep, the simple "happy birthday" in the middle came out crooked. Arrrgh! I so admire the OLC creators. They are so darn tough to execute! So I had to stamp on a punched circle and adhere it over the blooper. Nice and straight!

The checked center in the poppy from this week's Tuesday Trigger was still in my head, so as long as the OLC status was shot, I made another circle for the center. This one was ... you guessed it ... plaid.

  I'm also adding this to the Make It Monday challenge to stamp on patterned paper, and Stamp It! Cards Birthday Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Thanks for looking!


Supplies used:
stamps: PTI Mat Stack I, PTI Mini Medallion, Martha Stewart Backgrounds  

ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Color Box Lime Green, Color Box Tangerine, PTI True Black
other: circle punch

14 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Love the plaid created with the tiny sentiment. I never would have thought to use Mehndi with a sentiment in it's center. Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your plaid - what a great idea that could be used for so many different occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Kelly, you are so talented and create the most interesting cards. You should submit to CASual Fridays too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to create the plaid background - I can see myself borrowing this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrat on the Tuesday Trigger win! Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A crocked sentiment...we've all had that experience, nice cover up.Very clever plaid stamping. A delightfully sweet card.Congratulations on your win.

    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! on your win. Really deserved, this card totally rocks. I love it! You know what just occured to me? that you could also have a hole in center and have the sentiment peeking through from the inside. Just a thought but I love it! as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your idea, Wendy! A window in the middle would be so cool!!

      Delete
  10. How intricate and gorgeous, Kelly!! I ADORE your plaid stamping with the text! Perfect card for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly - what a cool way to create a plaid background, and even better way to incorporate your text. And I couldn't even tell that it's NOT a one-layer card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Texty plaid! Outrageous! I loooooove it!! Thanks for joining in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I love the plaid that you added. And I would never have known that it wasn't a single layer card! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly