Friday, February 16, 2024

Using Acrylic Markers on Dark Backgrounds - Fun to Play With!



Hello Friends! How long has it been since you've played with acrylic markers? It's been a hot minute for me, and I have to say I've forgotten how fun they are! 


I thought they would be perfect for a charcoal sympathy card, and I love the intensity they have on the very dark cardstock. 


It's a bit freeing from working with alcohol markers where you're spending a lot of time blending the colors and shading together. This is just pure coloring! You can still add details with these markers by layering a different color on top of your first color. Like the leaves for example, where I've added a few lines and dots to break up the solid color. 

If you're in the mood to try something new, I'd recommend picking up a set of the Altenew Acrylic Markers - they're quite inexpensive and come out to around a dollar per marker! There's a whole Instagram hop going on if you're looking for additional inspiration and/or prizes.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Kelly

1 comment:

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly