Monday, April 24, 2023

Pinkfresh Studio April 2023 Stamp, Die, Stencil, and Hot Foil Release


Hi Friends! Oh boy, was I excited to see the April release from Pinkfresh!! As insanely beautiful as their floral sets are, most of the cards I send are for birthdays, and most of those birthdays are for men/boys. So when I saw all the new birthday sets, done in typical grand Pinkfresh fashion, I was absolutely stalking the mailman!

You may have come from Karin's beautiful blog, but if not feel free to start at the beginning with the Pinkfresh Studio blog.

There are lots of balloon stamp sets on the market, so what makes this a Pinkfresh balloon set? Oversized to cover the card? Yep. Coordinating stencils to easily color them? Yep! Adorable FLOWERS and streamers on the bottoms? Yep yep yep!! Ribbons Balloons is perfectly Pinkfresh!



Check out all the dimension with the die-cut streamers! To match waves of the streamers I choose the scallop panel underneath. 


Also love how closely cut the sentiment die is. Embossing the sentiment on vellum makes it appear as if it's floating and maximizes how much of the card below is visible. This comes in handy when layering it over the balloon strings that I didn't want to hide. 


The balloons are perfectly sized for a slimline card, but how do they look on an A2 card ...



Still a great size. 

Here's another die cut sentiment - love that it doesn't cover the pretty balloon colors. For the background panel I wanted to make it look a little more festive so I did a quick stitch around the edges with gold thread. 



The card base is made from the stencil of another new set, the Rosettes, which is featured on the next card:

So festive! And I love that there are so many different ways you can use them. 


This card features 3 different ways to use these:
1) As intended (like the yellow and pink rosettes) with two different colors from the stencils, and die cut so you can layer them around your card;
2) Stitched (like the green, blue and orange rosettes with gold thread); and
3) Folded (like the red rosette) where I cut out the center and then was able to fold the rosettes back and forth along the dashed lines. 


These will be such great items to add in the background of birthday and celebratory cards. Just like my next card:


Don't you think the top bits of rosettes make the card a bit more festive? OK, and this cake from the Sweet Day Stamp! With the tiny banners! That are die cut!! Eeeep!


The layered stencils make coloring this cake a breeze. For the chocolate cake portion, I flicked brown watercolor while the stencil was still in place to make the crumbs. 


And it comes with a hot foil plate, which looks amazing, especially with all the icing detail. This will be one I use for many of my male birthday cards.


It really was a joy to work on these festive cards, and I can't wait to make more with different color combinations! 

PS, I did just a few days later ...


My friend's 50th birthday was this weekend, and naturally I had to make a feminine version of this card! 


I wanted it to match the rose gold and pink decorations I made for the big dinner her husband planned.  



My friend wasn't thrilled with turning 50, so I thought saying "50 Birthday Wishes" might sound better than "Happy 50th Birthday" lol

GIVEAWAY:

If you're the lucky one, you'll receive a giant box with the FULL RELEASE! 

Or there are also ten $25 gift cards to win! 

Winners will be picked from the comments on my blog and along the entire 

hop, and posted on May 3, 2023 on the Pinkfresh GIVEAWAY PAGE

You must check that page & claim your prize within 2 weeks. Good luck!

I'm sending you to the one and only Laura Bassen, who has wonderful things to share!

Here's the complete list if you need to hop somewhere else:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Thanks so much for stopping by!
-Kelly

Supplies Used (thanks for your support!!):

55 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love them all. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such gorgeous cards! Love the colors you chose! I am really loving the balloons in this set too! Thank you for sharing such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun cards - love them all - thanks for the awesome ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards! I like how you used the balloon stencils without stamping first,

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I always forget to add the white gel pen, it really does make a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cards!! Love the balloon bunch! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards. Loved how you used the rosettes for a background. And you gave me a great idea as my daughter's 40th is in August. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards! The gold thread stitching is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are my favorite cards! So gorgeous and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such amazing cards! I love how the balloon set work’s perfect for a slimline and n A2 card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh sooo many gorgeous designs! I LOVE your colors! The rosettes and balloons are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is “WOW”! I love how you used so many elements on your cards. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the beautiful, bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Kelly... you've really outdone yourself! These are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card are amazing. Each one is special in it's own way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your color combos on your cards. The shades are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your cards. Always looking for masculine card ideas also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your cards, but the slimline balloons and the card with the rosettes stole the show! Thanks for the info about the different ways to use the rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all of these cards, so creative. But, that slimeline really made those balloons look like they were floating away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the slimline card. I said to my self wow great cards those balloons looked like they were going to jump off the card and float. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to get this release. Your cards have definitely got my mojo going. Thank you for sharing. Linda Robertson

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so lovely! I love those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty, pretty balloons. Pretty, pretty Rosettes. And yummy, yummy cakes! Happy 9th Birthday PFS! Such a beautiful Post and happy birthday to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I love those balloon ribbon strings, and the stitched white panel and the rosettes. ALL of them! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun, fun, fun! Love all your cards! Those balloons are my all time favorite balloon stamp set! They are perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you match the colors perfect for your friends birthday party. I want to be your friend ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, colorful, fun cards -- love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing all you inspiring cards using the new release! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those rosettes. Glad you were
    gentle with your friend on her 50th
    birthday. Great collection of cards.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  30. These cards are all beautiful! I love the colors and it's fun to see the balloons on different card sizes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such fabulous designs! I really love the balloons - such great backgrounds to highlight how fun they are!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW, Kelly!! So much to take in. First, the decor for your friend's party looks AMAZING and GORGEOUS! I love your rosettes card and both of the cards you made w/ cakes on them are STUNNING! The first card, the one w/ the bunch of balloons, is so pretty and you are making it REEEEAAALLLLY hard for me to know what all to order. I'd love to win so that I can order more....... Your cards are always top-notch!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the colorful balloons and rosettes and the sweet cake cards.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Balloons, rosettes and cakes, oh my! Gorgeous cards, I'm loving this release!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing, so many fun, lovely and gorgeous cards! Thanks for the inspiration, love all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love all your cards but especially love the vintige vibe of the colors

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous design!! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think that mini slimline is just perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all things Birthday. Balloons, banners, birthday cakes oh my. Love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the rosettes and balloons sets. Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Kelly. Wow you have been busy making so many beautiful cards. I love all the background you chose from the little stripes to the white-on-white cover plate die. My favorite of all is the “It’s a Celebration” balloon card. The hand stitching is adorable. I look forward to seeing your next cards.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my!! Your rosettes are used so many ways and am in love with the stencil and your creativity!! Wow!! Loved the Celebrate sentiments done on vellum which gives the illusion of floating on your cards and doesn't take away all of the gorgeous details!! LOVE your inspiration, Kelly!! Am in awe! @jordanbev5

    ReplyDelete
  43. Always love your cards, Kelly! The balloon cards are so beautiful you've made me put those products at the top of my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous cards with these new designs! I love the balloons and the awesome rosettes! Scrumptious-looking cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a lovely way to celebrate your friends big day! I also love the rosette card. So bright and cheerful! Great job, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! Your cards are so amazing! I can't pick a favorite! I love all these celebratory new products.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such wonderful collection of cards.Love your version of the 50th bday card.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly