Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy Birthday FUSION Challenge!

Hi Folks! I am so thrilled to be asked by the wonderfully talented Lyndal Higgins to be her guest in the Fusion Challenge's second birthday celebration. I really miss being on the team. The girls are so fun to work with, and the challenge itself is always a good one. I love the concept of being inspired by the photo, the sketch or both.

 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgNS-ofx-vTXsS6OJLFiJ5zr86DWxbc_lxgd4EAzrIz6AgHrNUnj1ydvNu2IY5hVBEPA3mnfZRJj_MTeWxtE0AonvHmnOAvZB0Uav1WXzqnY7USAFv4uz3EcDsDZ4cbv83yG27xkjHfxfE/s640/2nd+Year.png

This time I couldn't help but be inspired by both. 


The bold yellow chevron table runner is so eye-catching that I had to recreate it with Winnie & Walter's V for cheVron creative screening. The stencil has a lot of different chevrons nearby, so I just put painter's tape on top and bottom of the area I wanted to stencil so I didn't have to worry about sponging ink through any stray areas.


I made the center of the flower by running a stitch along the bottom of some lace trim and then gathering it all to form a circle. For the middle I layered some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and made a slip knot in the center of each with silver thread.


The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter's Winter Woodland set, and the large flower is from the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Big Bloom set. I like paring the gold embossed flower with yellow. The format on this card is large (8 1/4 x 4 1/4) since I really wanted to feature the chunky chevrons. It fits nicely in a legal sized envelope. 

A big thanks to Lyndal for inviting me to play along! I can't wait to see what deliciousness she's created, along with the other girls. If you'd like to participate in the Fusion Challenge, it's open all month so you have plenty of time to get on over there!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly
















20 comments:

  1. Way to capitalize on the long card with the chevron. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve that you've used some fun sewing techniques along with your chic chevron, Kelly! You can't imagine how fun it is for me to be playing cards with you, and Tracey, too, at the Fusion party! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have you with us again Kelly - even if it is just to Guest DT!! We miss you!! love your bold design with your beautiful bloom - love the lacey center and gold threads! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Kelly!!
    Oh my word! This is awesome!! Love your long card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, this is such a bright, bold statement! Those chevrons are fantastic! Love that your card is larger; they deserve to be seen. And that blossom....love the center you've created. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you as our guest and your card is so pretty. Love the lace, sequin and thread flower x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see you at back at Fusion guesting with us. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic design. Congrats on being GD for Fusion's 2nd birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a tall card and yours is perfect Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tall card and the flower is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much to like about this card, Kelly, but I think my favourite bit is the lacy flower centre.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on guesting Kelly your card is charming and so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love having you back with this gorgeous creation Kelly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Kelly, you captured that inspiration photo to PERFECTION!!! Love the thinner sized card, the bold yellow chevron and gorgeous bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the enormity of your card, Kelly. Big format, big bloom, big chevron, big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THIS CARD!!! What a wonderful shape and I love the bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for joining in the FUSION 2nd Anniversary celebration as my special guest Kelly! LOVE the texture you have added - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly