Friday, December 18, 2015

Our Family Christmas Cards 2015


Hi Folks! I'm so excited to share our family's 3D Christmas card for 2015! I've got details on the card itself on the Winnie & Walter blog, but I thought I'd share a few additional things in this post.


Here's a picture of my trusted, non-card-making friend who's helped me put my Christmas cards together for the last 3-4 years. It's become a tradition now. We chat, eat some lunch, and have lots of fun. Having a date on the calendar for her to come over right after Thanksgiving helps alleviate any procrastination tendencies of mine.


Here she is putting the jump rings and stars on the "O's" with pliers. There are very few people who are detailed enough to help me make my cards, as you might imagine. I'm so grateful for her help!



Here's the word tree on the back of our Christmas cards. Has anyone noticed that there are fewer newsletter-type cards in recent years? Maybe everyone feels pretty caught up during the year due to Facebook? Or people don't have time to write? Or people are just really happy sending photo cards now that the quality is so good? I'm not sure, but I'll probably be the last one sending a newsletter ten years from now. I'm a sucker for traditions : )


Here's a look at the full-blown assembly line. I see my paper cutter, extra paper, glue, hole punch (the holes on the stars needed to be bigger so they would swing better), pliers (for the jump rings), photo spray adhesive, sizzix, water bottle, and NERF BULLET. Do you see the blue bullet with the orange tip in the middle, left side? These have invaded EVERYWHERE in my house. Including my Christmas card assembly line.


Not done yet! After finishing the cards, I stamped some "we have moved" cards on 110# business-card-sized paper with our new address. I was so happy to have these in the mail! I didn't do anything creative for about a week afterwards. 

Sure hope you are having, or have already had, a joyous holiday season! Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Kelly this is an amazing job, with an amazing side-kick! Fabulous cards, darling boys ... let the holidays begin!!! OH and Merry Christmas ... xxoo
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly I can't get over how much your boys are growing! So nice to have friend to help. Many hands make light work! Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Less and less people are sending CARDS, let alone newsletters! They're fabulous and you're lucky to have a friend to help you put them together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Kelly!! CUTE pic of the boys and what a great friend you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly ~ I just wanted to stop by to say...Brilliant idea and BEAUTIFUL children! Love your text/tree/newsletter, too! Amazing project!!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes! That's a lot of cards and a lot of passes through the big shot! Great card though, I love the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome project, Kelly ... and a fantastic photo of your two handsome boys! I'm delighted to have one of these wonderful cards on display all the way over here in France ... thank you, my friend! Have a blessed Christmas and a splendid 2016! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I like about making cards is that by the end of the year I have enough for my Christmas mailing list. I can't imagine making that many all the same. I love the way you do your family update, Kelly. Brief and artful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What handsome children. I love you newsletter in the shape of a tree. Very original. I was wondering what happened to newsletters. I have been sick for a few years so I have not sent one. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my....this looks like so much fun! How nice to have a sweet friend to some help you out with your assembly. Just love your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly. Just wanted to stop by to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Your cards this year are adorable, and it was fun to read about your news in the shape of a Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly