Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Winnie & Walter Scenery: Rectangled & Triangled

 Hi Folks! I am so excited for the next few days ... it's the third release for Winnie & Walter and I'm pretty sure you're gonna fall in love with just a few of the SEVEN stamp sets (and cut files). It's crazy!

winnie & walter blog
The first set has an amazing amount of rectangles and triangles, both solid and outlined, for you to play around with for days and days and days. This card was ridiculously easy to put together. The outlined triangles are in a big row, so I only had to stamp five times to get the panel. Then pick the spaces you want to fill, and stamp your sentiment (which, as you may have guessed, will be making an appearance later this week!)

Given the "adventure" sentiment, I was going for a rugged, outdoors look, and tried to make 3 mountains out of my triangles (can you see 'em?) The "adventure" is lined up with the tip of the brightest triangle. The "go. see. do." is positioned at the top of the highest mountain. Background paper is AC Amy Tangerine Yes, Please.



Just like the last triangle card, there is a row of outlined rectangles that you can easily stamp all at once, and then fill with your choice of patterned goodness. For this card I've used the same color for each row of pattern, but you could use the same pattern and vary the color, use alternating patterns, leave some empty, the possibilities are endless. 

Would you believe the squiggles on the red patterned rectangle are actually the initials of the design team? Yep, that's just how creative and clever Julie and Shay are. How cool is that? Seriously.


Here's the tag that is slipped in the pocket I sewed. Again, more goodness for later this week : ) Background paper is AC Amy Tangerine Yes, Please.


This card just uses one of the rectangle filler stamps. So fun just to stamp it randomly and see the design develop. I overlapped the colors to go for the orange and purple hues. Inside is lined with American Crafts My Girl paper.


Cousin Helen's thread never leaves my desk, so it's easy to add to everything! I love it winding behind the sentiment to 1) break up the rectangles, 2) add some shine, and 3) move the eye down to where the sentiment, and the cluster of loops, are. Virginia and Alexandra, I think this sentiment was made for you (and Ryan).


Finally, another one of the patterned rectangles, with a triangle in it! Stamp it overlapping in a circle and you get a neat sunburst/compass pattern. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.
 
Believe it or not, we've got 6 more sets to share over the next 3 days so don't go too far away! Inspiration is waiting for you with the winner of our Play Date #1 Challenge, Shirley-Bee, our guest designer Chaitali Narla from Iron Craft, Julie and Shay themselves on the Winnie & Walter blog, and the rest of the Winnie & Walter talent:

Heather Pulvirenti | Joni Andaya | Vanessa Menhorn

I'm generally not one to enter on-line contests, but this is one you won't want to miss ... one lucky winner will receive ALL SEVEN stamps sets from this release! You can also comment-to-win a stamp set each day of the release on the winnie & walter blog.
  
Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

18 comments:

  1. oooohhhh...looks like another great release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great samples! I am loving the geometry of it all and how you used the different stamps. That last one is my favorite, love the circle you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the set, you make it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each and every one of these is so full of fun and creativity!! Great job Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelly!!!! Just absolutely gorgeous - each and every card!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so awesome, it's impossible for me to pick a favorite, I love them ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your projects Kelly, specially the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects as always, Kelly! What a unique, versatile stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always be relied on to come up with something original, ultra creative and sooo awesome, Kelly ... what a brilliant showcase and such a great intro to those word stamps still to come! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really know how to show off a stamp set. Every one of these cards is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on fire, Kelly! What a great way to showcase this set. Amazing, out-of-the-box thinking with simple geometric shapes. Love these! Have a great week, and I'm excited about seeing what W&W creations are up next for you! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am LOVING all the cards...but yes, the "Hey, Girl" card caught my eyes (SWOON)! You just know how to get to my heart!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well!! what more to say after seeing ur cards than "I will buy this set" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness...so much beauty and your cutting edge style make me happy. The tag is amazing...in gold...wow, I love it all. Gorgeous inspiration, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look fantastic!! I LOVE triangles so I'm very excited about this new set and can't wait to get my crafty hands on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Girl - whoa, you've been busy. I LOVE this set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many fabulous cards. Looks like a great release.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great cards! I especially love the last one...so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly