Hi friends! We've got a trendy challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week ... you must use arrows on your Clean and Simple project. Fun!! Our sponsor is the fabulous Simon Says Stamp who will award the lucky (well, really, talented) winner with a mighty fine prize.
I kinda really like this one. Here are the highlights:
1) made an arrow with a sentiment from Rad
2) gave it more definition by running the wide end of a marker along the arrow
3) made a pizza shape at the end of the arrow with the three "e's" lined up
4) broke up the remaining sentiments, and intentionally left some ink on neighboring letters in "awesome"; also intentionally made the "me" bleed off the bottom edge
5) thought the card needed more, so filled in the stars and drums with a light marker
6) still thought it needed more, so stamped the dots from Only You in overlapping green, mimicking the arrow shape
7) just a little more, used a green texture stamp in the bottom corner (not mounted on a block, just used the clear stamp with my fingers so there were no hard edges)
8) one last touch (crossing fingers that it doesn't ruin everything), a Tim Holtz distresser for the edges of the panel.
OK, done! If you haven't already, check out all the other arrow samples from the awesome Design Team. I can't wait to check out the gallery!
Thanks so much for looking!