For my final post I came up with SIX different ways to use this die (not including two bonus cards that I threw in)!
I'm sharing all the details, tips and tricks on the Neat & Tangled blog, but I couldn't help but wanting to share a photo of each card here too.
1) Make an envelope, as it was intended.
2) Make a square doily with the two large flaps.
3) Use the doily as a stencil.
This next card uses a similar technique of covering a portion of the card with the doily to use as a stencil and brush ink through. Since it's a similar idea, I didn't count it as a different way to use the die, so let's consider it a bonus card!
4) Search for other elements in the lace to highlight.
5) Use the smaller doily flap as a topper for your card.
6) Use two of the smaller doily flaps to create a square panel.
Well that's a wrap! Both for my Doily Envelope cards, and for my January guest designing. Sure hope you liked the ideas, and maybe were inspired to look at your supplies in a way they weren't intended to be used! Be sure to stop by the Neat & Tangled blog for all the commentary, and how-to photos, especially with making the square doilies.
Many thanks to Miriam and Neat & Tangled for inviting me to share my projects with you this month. It's sure been a treat playing with these wonderful stamps and dies!